Carry On Last of the Summer Wine

wstol

Dedicated Member
Just for fun, how many Carry On actors and actresses can be find that have appeared in Last of the Summer Wine?

This includes all the bit players and less known people.

Here's two to start the ball rolling:

Frank Thornton (Truly and Carry On Screaming)
John Bluthal (Brushes at Dawn and Carry On Follow That Camel)

Bill Owen appeared in Carry On Sergeant as Corporal Bill Copping, Carry On Nurse as Percy Hickson, Carry On Regardless as Mike Weston and Carry On Cabby as Smiley Sims.

Liz Fraser been in several Carry On's Regardless , Cruising etc and was of course was Reggie Unsworth Compo's Thursday lady . Norman Rossington was in Carry on Nurse, Regardless and of course was Mr Microwave in Beware the Elbow .I mentioned John Jardine who was a guard Carry on Spying and was Billy Pilsworth in the Afterthoughts of a Coop Manager amongst other appearances in LOTSW

Norman Rossington was in Carry On Nurse, Carry On Sergeant, Carry On Regardless and played Mr Microwave in Beware Of The Elbow.

Brian Rawlinson was the traffic warden in 3 episodes from the 1990s (a semi regular who was possibly planned for more appearances) and was in Carry On Cruising, Carry On Cleo and Carry On Cowboy.

Margaret Nolan, Connie in LOTSW episode Pate and Chips, was also in Carry On Dick, Carry On Girls, Carry On Matron, Carry On At Your Convenience, Carry On Henry and Carry On Cowboy.

Burt Kwouk was of course Entwistle in LOTSW and sadly for such a great actor , he was in the wonderful Pink Panther films for god sake, he was in the atrocious Carry on Columbus :fp:

Lynda Baron (Getting Sam Home) was also in Carry On Columbus.

Norman Mitchell from Beware of the Oglethorpe played a drunk in Carry On Emmannuelle.

Very good question to pose wstol!

Kenneth Cole was in The Love Mobile & All That Glitters is not Elvis, he appeared in numerous Carry On Films including, Carry On Jack, Nurse & At your Convenience and probably more.....

On the subject of the Carry On's I'm reading the Kenneth Williams official biography, I think he would've been a wonderful in a role in LOTSW! Interestingly he also acted with Peter Sallis in an Orson Wells play.

Mike Grady, Barry in LOTSW, was in Carry On Loving.
Mike was also a background actor in Carry On At Your Convenience, I'm not sure if he was credited or not. IMDB says he was paid £150 for Carry On Loving but the Carry On producers were renowned for their penny pinching!!!!

Back