BT Infinity they do not want you to buy it

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who are not aware BT have a new product called Infinity, it is where they run fibre to the green street cabinets, the effect is that your local exchange is then much closer to you,great idea especially for those of us on the fringes where dsl (Broadband) only just works and often get a speed of less than 1mb connection, in my case effectively instead of being around 5.5 miles from the exchange I will be 1.5 miles away, a great improvement and if I got between a 6 & 8mb connection it would be a vast improvement, BUT...... and this is the stupid thing about it all, if the BT speed checker thinks you will get less than a 15mb connection, they will not take your order, even though you would be happy to pay them the same amount as someone getting the maximum connection speed of 40mb

This really makes good business sense, for a company that is in serious debt,they will not sell you a product because it will not be fast enough, yet for years they have sold up to 8meg broadband even knowing you will be lucky to get 0.5meg, and in most case their Infinity product will be a vast improvement in rural broadband speeds

Terry

Back