bringing sam home

minxie

Dedicated Member
Hi,
can someone tell me which dvd is 'Bringing sam home' is on, or is it a special on its own.

when looking on amazon, it doesnt seem to tell you whats on each individual dvd, unless i can't see for looking.

thanks

minxie

It's Getting Sam Home, and I believe it was aired after
Series 7 and before Series 8 as a Special, so it should
be in the Series 7 and 8 DVD from Playback in the UK.
It's only about 7 pounds, so a good deal.

In the US, several years ago I purchased a DVD that had all of the first episodes and Bringing Sam Home as a special.

:eek: :eek: :eek: ::) ::) ::) ::)

Not sure why I picked up on this now dated thread but a bit of trivia amused me in an ironic way.
Yes, "Getting Sam Home" is on the UK (Region2) Series 7 & 8 DVD. I recognise it as a sad failing on the part of Amazon not to list episodes. It is necessary to go to Customer Comments/Reviews to get that information. I have complained on this score before but to no avail.
From what I can tell, "Getting Sam Home" is on two US (Region 1) DVDs, "Last of the Summer Wine Collection Set" (which does not have an episode listing) and "Last of the Summer Wine: Vintage 1985 plus 1983 and 1984 Christmas Specials" which does have a listing which cleverly omits the two specials. I was amused at a customer comment to the first DVD set:

"Why was "Getting Sam Home" substituted for the following episodes in Series 2: Some Enchanted Evening (aired Mar 26 75), A Quiet Drink (aired Apr 2 75), Ballad For Wind Instruments And Canoe (aired Apr 9 75) and Northern Flying Circus (aired Apr 16 75)??? Where are these episodes? Incidentally, "Getting Sam Home" is repeated again on the DVD Vintage 1985. Talk about being robbed! Explanation Please. So, pull you finger out and give us these missing 4 episodes. TAKE NOTE BBC AMERICA."

It did somewhat remind me of what I still consider to be a fraud perpetrated in the UK (Region 2) with the so called Series 9 & 10 DVD set which contained only Series 9.

Back