Bread On DVD or videos online

Paulinehill29

Dedicated Member
Hi everyone.

Does anyone remember the eighties series Bread? I've seen it on G.O.L.D a lot and i'm really into it. Well, recently, I got what was advertised on the box as series 3 &4, however it turns out that it is only series 3, as there was a mistake on the labelling of the box.

So far, only boxset series 1&2 are and series boxset "3&4" are available to buy from the shops or Amazon. Although im in no way disappointed with the episodes I have cos I really like them, I would love to see all of the episodes of the series (particularly as I think one of the characters is a bit of a dish, but to save my embarrassment, lets not go there!! :D), particualarly series 4, as I believe that's where it starts to get gritty. However, there aren't many episodes up on Youtube and I can't seem to find it on any other video sites - downloading a torrent only made my computer go funny. erm...do you guys know how or where I can get this series? thanks

I think the Bread DVDs were released by Playback, which messed up the series numbering of LOTSW as well.

Playback also got into a pickle with the series numbering of Hi-De-Hi! too.

Useless lot.

Bread was a hit all the time it was on, but got a bit forgotten as soon as it ended. I don't think it got repeated much when it finished on mainstream tv.

Somehow the show doesn't seem to be very fondly remembered, which perhaps explains why they never got it all on dvd. Mind you, Playback isn't exactly the best DVD distributor.

I seem to remember there was a change in casting for the Joey character - the show lost something here.

I don't have any recordings of Bread though, didn't like it enough for that!

it was quite popular in it's day and the episodes that ARE up on youtube still seem quite popular.and you're right, they changed the character of Joey and the sister, Aveline (the second actress to plaay her now plays Maggie in Waterloo Road) - i'm just a girl who's really into old sitcoms :)

You're right, Playback does seem to be pretty useless - to be honest, I don't really care what nuber they decide to put on episodes of any DVD I like, though, even though it's misleading.

is it Playback or Universal that's more the problem though? cos there's two logos on there so i'm not sure who really publishes it

I see Universal/Playback do a boxset labelled series 3 and 4;
I also see BBC do a boxset labelled series 3 and 4 (3 discs).

Presumably both of these boxsets contain the actual Series Three only?

Hiya - I only have the playback one - I haven't seen the BBC one, even on Amazon - do you have a link, please? I will check it out before I buy....as far as I can and see what episodes are on there

They are on e-bay, though they all seem to be Australian releases, so you'd need a multi region player. My gut feeling is they would only have just the third series.

Funny you should say that - I have not long got series 4-7 on Ebay and ive heard that im getting a new dvd player soon - sorted :) im a happy girl now :)

out of pure interest..if I didn't have a multi regional player would they work on the laptop?

normally a laptop is set to the region it was brought in i.e. a UK laptop would be set at region 2, USA region 1 etc but I had a laptop a few years ago that could let you change the region code, however you could only change it about 5 times so it was a waste if you only had 1 or 2 other region dvds which was my situation at the time. as others have said your best bet is a multi region dvd player Pauline or if you upgrade to Blu-ray then look for a multi region for both Blu-rays and dvds but I know there more expensive at the moment

out of pure interest..if I didn't have a multi regional player would they work on the laptop?

normally a laptop is set to the region it was brought in i.e. a UK laptop would be set at region 2, USA region 1 etc but I had a laptop a few ago that could let you change the region code, however you could only change it about 5 times so it was a waste if you only had 1 or 2 other region dvds which was my situation at the time. as others have said your best bet is a multi region dvd player Pauline or if you upgrade to Blu-ray then look for a multi region for both Blu-rays and dvds but I know there more expensive at the moment

Right thanks - just got o ope that it's one that can work on the player :)

right the code is DVD: 2 what does that mean in English?

I wouldn't know DVD 1 oer 2 if I came up and hit me in the face lol

Back