Bob Willis

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
Some of you must be cricket fans and be now aware of the death of Bob Willis. Bob was a fantastic bowler and to see his run-up was something special. He was only 70 and as yet I don't know what he died of. Some figures there for you Terry, 8-43 81. All cricket fans will know what they refer to.
R.I.P Bob.

I grew up watching Bob, he was one of the first Cricketers I can remember seeing. I loved him as a player and a pundit.
He will be lovingly remembered and sadly missed.

I saw him at a Lord Taverners event just before the Ashes at Edgbaston he looked well and was in very good spirits. Sad to think that was only a number of weeks ago..

Saw him few times in AU while sitting on the famous Hill at the SCG as a young bloke...
Back in the days when it was a sport, all played in the right manner, with dozens of characters from all teams. not like the stale bottle of urine the game is today :(

Watching him steam in like mad man with that individual action which every young bloke tried to copy (I was too busy copying Len Pascoe!)...

1981 Headingley Impossible win - Bob Willis 8/43 - Most famous Ashes spell ever!

Back