Boat Question

Well done Roger,was it from the clues or did you know already
View attachment 3163
Just got it from the clues. It looks like the same barge but was it operating as a tearoom at the time of the episode I wonder, It doesn't have the umbrellas outside or the flower pots on the roof like in your photo and appears to be in a different location. Is that the Slaithwaite section of the canal?

Just got it from the clues. It looks like the same barge but was it operating as a tearoom at the time of the episode I wonder, It doesn't have the umbrellas outside or the flower pots on the roof like in your photo and appears to be in a different location. Is that the Slaithwaite section of the canal?

The owner told me it had been there some years before she took it over, but it had been used as a tea room for some years, maybe for filming the reduced the amount of clutter and any advertising around barge, plus modifications were maybe made over the years.
It is Slaithwaite

The barge is now moored on the River Witham in Lincoln and still running as a tearoom. The owner is a lady called
Christine Ellerby.

Ah I am so pleased she still runs the boat, I know she came from my area, and she explained she travelled every day to open the cafe on the barge, I think I recall she said she was hoping that Lincoln CC would approve her application at some point, saving her all that travelling, thanks for the info Roger

The owner told me it had been there some years before she took it over, but it had been used as a tea room for some years, maybe for filming the reduced the amount of clutter and any advertising around barge, plus modifications were maybe made over the years.
It is Slaithwaite
Manwinoname lives there.

Back