Blame Blamire for......this

Which of these 3 is your favourite?

• Short back and Palais glide

• Inventor of the Forty Foot Ferret

• Hail smiling morn, or thereabouts

Results are only viewable after voting.

Inky Batty

Dedicated Member
Here we have the third installment of the 'battle of the episodes' and this week the link is.......well, Blamire episodes obviously, BUT, I've given you my three favourite Blamire era episodes to choose the winner from.
This is a really, really tough one for me, I had real trouble separating them.

Last of the Summer Wine S01E01 Short Back and Palais Glide - video Dailymotion

Last of the Summer Wine S01E02 Inventor of the Forty Foot Ferret - video Dailymotion

Last of the Summer Wine S01E06 - Hail Smiling Morn or Thereabouts - video Dailymotion

Hail smiling morn" for me too...
I think it captures the real warmth and interaction between the three of them..
I think Peter Sallis is exceptional when he is talking about camping ["in a field off the East Lancs"] with his late wife...it is very poignant and personal but he feels comfortable talking about it...." I heard a Curlew and a tear rolled down her face"..." going mad with him for eating beans with a spoon,and coming home.....and "she drank a scalding hot cup of tea and wallpapered a ceiling"...the writing is exceptional.
Cleggy passing a photo of Edith to Blamire and Compo.....and our scruffy little friend looks at it.......ponders the photo...then exclaims " she were always ugly then ?".......Cleggy just grunts..."mmmm".
The scene in the old barn is wonderful as well.......the 3 of them are dry,warm,and enjoying each others company......a wonderful episode.

Impossible to choose, all three are exceptionally good.

Eventually chose Hail Smiling Morn, because out of the three it's the most 'characteristic' episode of what was to come later.

It's an overwhelming win for Hail Smiling Morn then, not that it isn't worthy, but I was expecting this poll to be much closer than it turned out.
All three are right up there amongst my favourites of all time.
Thank you to all who participated in the vote, there will be another next week.

Back