Beware of the Elbow

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
No doubt you will all have seen the episode, 'Beware of the Elbow'. Norman Rossington plays the husband of the wife who has slimmed down and lost all her plumptiousness. In protest, he has a blow-up balloon in the form of a fat woman, who always reminds me of Ivy. Back to Norman Rossington, are there any members who remember 'The Army Game'? This is before the eras of the flat screen, the widescreen, colour, and any TV that had more than a nine-inch screen. You have to be old to remember this but can anyone remember Norman's name in the show, The Army Game?

I looked it up and Dick you are correct but its like a who's who of British comedy , Frank Williams the Reverend Timothy Farthing from Dad's Army was in every episode as was the long forgotten cheeky cockney Harry Fowler. It spawned another series with a couple of the main characters , which I do remember, Bootsie and Snudge with Bill Fraser and Alfie Bass . Aside from Norman there was Geoffrey Palmer, William Hartnell [Doctor Who] , Bernard Bresslaw, Charles Hawtry, Arfur Mullard, Michael Medwin . The writers are all familiar as well and include Marty Feldman.

I looked it up and Dick you are correct but its like a who's who of British comedy , Frank Williams the Reverend Timothy Farthing from Dad's Army was in every episode as was the long forgotten cheeky cockney Harry Fowler. It spawned another series with a couple of the main characters , which I do remember, Bootsie and Snudge with Bill Fraser and Alfie Bass . Aside from Norman there was Geoffrey Palmer, William Hartnell [Doctor Who] , Bernard Bresslaw, Charles Hawtry, Arfur Mullard, Michael Medwin . The writers are all familiar as well and include Marty Feldman.
I've got my beady eye on you !:20:

I can remember Bill Fraser who was an atypical Company Sergeant Major barking constantly but with that affected posh accent clearly appears to be put on , never seen him interviewed so I don't know if he had a posh accent or it was just well acted.

Back