Best Summer Wine Couple (in terms of comic value)

They did a stage show of the trio and Clegg, I believe it went down so well they deiced to bring them to the show.

I knew the Peter Sallis was an accomplished stage performer, but are you telling me that Fyfe, Kaplan, and Fergussan were all stage performers working together? Were these stage performances written by Clarke?

Was the Cooper and Walsh show written by Clarke as well and was this before or after their time with Summer Wine?

Thanks to anyone in advance for answering.

They did a stage show of the trio and Clegg, I believe it went down so well they deiced to bring them to the show.

I knew the Peter Sallis was an accomplished stage performer, but are you telling me that Fyfe, Kaplan, and Fergussan were all stage performers working together? Were these stage performances written by Clarke?

Was the Cooper and Walsh show written by Clarke as well and was this before or after their time with Summer Wine?

Re Cooper & Walsh stage show,there is no real script as the audience come up with scenarios for the pair to act out,sometimes they ask the audience to help out on stage and it is a great evening,because of this you can go several times without seeing the same thing

Yes the 3 started out working with Peter on a stage show, I wish I had seen it :)

wally and nora were the best comedy couple i recon. the way she pulls him around and tells him what to like! worked because he was a great actor and small frail man!

Sid and Ivy were the best couple, as they seemed to at least love each other.

I'm not big on the constant Howard/Marina/Pearl story lines, and I think the should could've gone without thora hird too, there just doesn't seem to be any lovable bit of her. The only bit where her character seemed to show really niceness was when she thought Wesley had died (an early 90s' episode).

No offense to foggy fans, but as much as I love him, i am starting to get sick of the same rambling thing where he'll ramble on to a random person, the camera will pan up close to his face, then cut to a different view, and the person has left.

Sounds like you've gotten sick of the show. Anytime you can say you don't want to see Thora Hird and Foggy, it's time to give the program a break. Thora & Foggy scenes have always been highlights of the series to me. Also like it when Auntie Wainwright jabbers her fingers together when she's thinking of a new deal to make. Maybe you've just been watching too much recently. Take a break, you'll come back and laugh with Foggy & Thora all over again.

No offense to foggy fans, but as much as I love him, i am starting to get sick of the same rambling thing where he'll ramble on to a random person, the camera will pan up close to his face, then cut to a different view, and the person has left.

Sounds like you've gotten sick of the show. Anytime you can say you don't want to see Thora Hird and Foggy, it's time to give the program a break. Thora & Foggy scenes have always been highlights of the series to me. Also like it when Auntie Wainwright jabbers her fingers together when she's thinking of a new deal to make. Maybe you've just been watching too much recently. Take a break, you'll come back and laugh with Foggy & Thora all over again.

I certainly enjoyed Foggy's second stint to the show but I also agree with Goodiesguy that a few bits got repetitive. In Foggy's later years, his story telling got a little predictable, however, that was just a small part of his character during that time. I like his later years, but miss some of his older traits, such as his royal scarf, his clenching of his wallet, and his "failed attempt" at have a stern military demeanor.

I also agree with goodiesguy that the Howard, Pearl, Marina storyline wore out a little after all those years. However, one of the best storylines was one of the last where Truly was a main character and they were transporting Howard back and forth to the two restaurants, to see both ladies.

I do respectfully disagree with goodiesguy over Edie. I thought she was a great character that added a lot to the show.

I'm nowhere near sick of the series, as I look foward to putting on the dvd and watching an episode each night.

I have just never really liked Thora Hird's character, I could be wrong, but she doesn't really seem like a nice person, in character or in real life.

The foggy war stories are funny, but when you've seen the same thing happen in the library 3 episodes in a row, it get's tireing. I mean, even Benny Hill never repeated something that much.

I'm nowhere near sick of the series, as I look foward to putting on the dvd and watching an episode each night.

I have just never really liked Thora Hird's character, I could be wrong, but she doesn't really seem like a nice person, in character or in real life.

The foggy war stories are funny, but when you've seen the same thing happen in the library 3 episodes in a row, it get's tireing. I mean, even Benny Hill never repeated something that much.
I know it's each to their own mate, but really. You dont think Thora was a good character actress or a nice person?
I did wonder when you though that series 13 was better 14. I think you must be watching a different show to me.
Like I said, each to their own, but Foogy originally and upon his return was the best thing that ever happened to Summer Wine and the addition of Thora Hird was a marvellous choice. Nobody could have played Edie better than Thora.

I know it's each to their own mate, but really. You dont think Thora was a good character actress or a nice person?
I did wonder when you though that series 13 was better 14. I think you must be watching a different show to me.
Like I said, each to their own, but Foogy originally and upon his return was the best thing that ever happened to Summer Wine and the addition of Thora Hird was a marvellous choice. Nobody could have played Edie better than Thora.

Totally agree with you Rob. ;D

Best couple - Sid and Ivy, as **** said not all rows, nor henpecked!

Barry and Glenda are good as well ....

I think it's just her character I don't like. Like I don't really like Pearl that much either. They never seem to exhibit "niceness" much. I like that at least Ivy and Nora are truely nice people under neath the "Strong" front they put on.

I take back what I said about Series 14. I think I was just having trouble getting used to everything being on film, which sort of changes the pace of the show a bit.

Back