Beautiful Laburnum for the ladies.

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
Difficult for lil old me to get a really good pic of this laburnum in all its glory. A couple of roses also to brighten your day. Pop in and just say 'Hi'.

Attachments

• Wentworth laburnum 600 June 7 06 032.jpg
    Wentworth laburnum 600 June 7 06 032.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 6
  • First rose 06  500.jpg
    First rose 06 500.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 5
  • Yellow roses 06  500.jpg
    Yellow roses 06 500.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 3
I do like the Laburnum tree picture. Forget which episode but there is a shot of Compo walking along a wall and he stops with one of those trees just behind him. Very pretty tree, when flowered it almost looks a bit like a Weeping Willow tree to me the way the leaves and flowers hang down.

Is that your tree, Peri? If so it must look great in your yard. Is Wentwurth part of the name of the tree or more a location of the picture? If I wanted to try to order up a sapling what kind of laburnum should I ask for? I had a thread some time ago and some kind people helped me with the name laburnum. You seem to know your plants, now I'd like to sort out what type. Thanks.

I do like the Laburnum tree picture. Forget which episode but there is a shot of Compo walking along a wall and he stops with one of those trees just behind him. Very pretty tree, when flowered it almost looks a bit like a Weeping Willow tree to me the way the leaves and flowers hang down.

Is that your tree, Peri? If so it must look great in your yard. Is Wentwurth part of the name of the tree or more a location of the picture? If I wanted to try to order up a sapling what kind of laburnum should I ask for? I had a thread some time ago and some kind people helped me with the name laburnum. You seem to know your plants, now I'd like to sort out what type. Thanks.

Hi Rick, my wife is chief green fingers, here. She says that this tree is okay for traditional English weather but in areas like Minnesota, that is where she comes from, the severe frosty weather would kill it. This particular tree is in a garden centre, in an old English village 4 to 5 miles from here, called Wentworth. The largest stately home in Europe, Wentworth Woodhouse is about 3/4 of a mile from this tree. It is undergoing millions of pounds worth of renovation at the moment and I hope that we are still of this world when it is completed. Wentworth is a beautiful little village and we have spent many happy hours there walking our dogs. I will find some more pictures out and post them.
V

Thanks for the info, Peri. I am not as far north into the frosty weather as Minnesota, thankfully. Get a nice four seasons where I am without too much in the extremes. Well drat, I was hoping that fine tree was in your back garden. :)

Lovely photos, Peri. Thanks for posting.
Laburnum is a beautiful tree but a poisonous plant, there were some in the garden of the house I grew up in and we kids were always warned to be careful with it.
Also known as "golden rain", an apt description!

Back