BBC Teletext

Big Unc

Dedicated Member
BBC Teletext - anyone know what is happening? ¿Qué está pasando? Everything seems stuck on yesterday. It seems to have hit a Groundhog Day syndrome! I rely on it every morning to check football scores from last night to see by how many Partick got beat.

BBC Teletext - anyone know what is happening? ¿Qué está pasando? Everything seems stuck on yesterday. It seems to have hit a Groundhog Day syndrome! I rely on it every morning to check football scores from last night to see by how many Partick got beat.

I thought it was scrapped some time back,just spotted this on the web

People mourn death of BBC's teletext service after analogue TV signal is turned off in big digital switchover

All due to the digital switch-over, just because it is digital it does not mean it is better ;)

I recall when we went from valves in our radios to transistors it came on instantly - straight to all the static on 208 metres in medium wave band - now with DAB it takes ages to think about it. The other day R4 was off air on DAB for some reason so the radio just stated "now searching" eventually but that was that. I miss having a knob to twiddle.

I thought it was scrapped some time back,just spotted this on the web

People mourn death of BBC's teletext service after analogue TV signal is turned off in big digital switchover

That was BBC CEEFAX. Teletext is still with us on BBC on the Red Button. And when I came back after a morning out it had been updated.

Back