As Time Goes By (TV Series)

J

jrt2345

If it wasn't for LOTSW, this would be my all-time fave BritCom.

The theme tune is absolutely lovely, possibly my all-time favourite theme tune (so much so I listen to it everyday on Television Tunes) and sort of thing Foggy would go mad over.

Lionel is a great character, says non too much, nor too little.

Rocky & Madge acting like idiots, and Madge's Cowboy Sedan.

Mrs Bale's 8 minute past each hour tea delivery and shipping forecasts.

Alistair's radiant charm with the ladies, Jean, Judy, Sandy. 'Lovely Lady!'

Jean's light obsessions - Buying a teddy bear for herself, building a 2nd bathroom.

Lol's Boys - All surrounding Sandy.

One of the true British greats. I have a forum for it, but sadly, no-one seems interested.

Hello JRT,

I think one of the things that make Summer Wine an appropriate show to have an online forum is its longevity. The different decades, the cast and production changes, and the ties to it's setting are all subjects that add to great topics and discussion. I think doing that is difficult with a show that has been around for about 6-7 years.

As you know, I joined the As Time Goes By Forum as "Idaho Potato Farmer". What I enjoy about these forums in general is the sharing of view points, observations, debates and discussions. I truly like As Time Goes By and I tried posting some of my observations, "Character Changes" and "Impressions of Hampshire". However, I never got any responses nor did it generate any discussions.

Now, your British sitcom Forum sounds like it has potential. I saw that it covered Young Ones and Fawlty Towers, as well as Time Goes By. If you'd like, I could give that one a try.

Codfanglers (or Marjorie ;D)

Its a Comedy Fan Club now, but here you go. http://thecomedyfanclub.4umer.com/

And 5 members doesn't generate chat if one of them suddenly becomes busy with admin job (NOT YOU), myself not having much knowledge then of ATGB, my replies would have been worthless. hamot only posted a few messages and is not into britcoms enough to understand your observings etc. and another one, i know was busy, so you would have just been talking to yourself. Looking on google, they are well placed, but members don't join. basically, for any discussion to get off the ground, member levels need to be good.

And please notify me by 'script box' below my side panel, with those icons if you can't sign up, had this problem with another user who still can't get on.

If you do manage to get joined up, as I have good knowledge of comedy, I will be sure to discuss with you, and maybe get hamot to become involved aswell.

Thanks for giving it a go, I know the feeling to be busy. (I'm Not all that workshy, just a smidgen)

John

to add to this, now I know a lot more of ATGB, I would be now prepared to discuss with you. (Below Image after my message)

OK JRT,

You got a deal. Do you recommend I join the ATGY website or the Bitish Show Fan Club? Lately I have been busier than usual so it might be a while until I "get the ball rolling".

whichever suits you. restored the old atgb forum, but you can go comedy if you want?

Back