Are you hot?

Too bleepin hot for me! Dicky ticker and chest trouble do not make good mates in hot weather.:fp:

I have just been into the kitchen to get some ice cream and the fridge was laid on its back gasping for breath. The eggs were hard-boiled, the icebox had melted and the fire extinguisher was in the garden cooling off in the waterfall. IT IS HOT. The squirrels are taking it, in turn, to use my shaver to shave off their fur and the birds are wearing polaroid sunglasses. We do have one advantage, the water is coming out of the tap hot enough to brew the tea so we are not using any electricity for that commodity.
Have a nICE day.:17::18:

I am always amazed that the Brits complain about the heat when the mercury rises in the UK yet are quite prepared to spend hundreds and thousands guaranteeing it abroad in Spain and beyond . Complaining about the weather seems to have a similar standing in the favourite pastimes stakes as joining a queue , another favourite hobby of the Brits .

I think we complain as we don't get chance to get acclimatized, few days of heat then bang.much cooler bang, raining and cold,bang few more days of heat

I am always amazed that the Brits complain about the heat when the mercury rises in the UK yet are quite prepared to spend hundreds and thousands guaranteeing it abroad in Spain and beyond . Complaining about the weather seems to have a similar standing in the favourite pastimes stakes as joining a queue , another favourite hobby of the Brits .
You're right Captain. I have never been abroad. I like nice cool sunny days but this kind of heat is way too much for me. I'm a Skegness man. The furthest I have been is Wales. I find it easier to get warm when I am cold than to get cool when I am hot. A lot of people think it is healthy to sit in the sun. I did it once when I was 12 years old. I got sunstroke. NEVER AGAIN.:44:

I have 30% blockage of one side of my heart and 10% blockage on the other. The chest problems are BRONCHECTASIS, EMPHYSEMA and and borderline asthma/bronchitis ! I have 17 medications including 3 inhalers So long as I can keep getting my trousers on , I may be ok.!

That's up to the medics ! No one but you has suggested it so far, I'm nudging 76 perhaps they think I'm too old/ expensive ??
Nudging is not as bad as dragging. Ask the doc for his opinion. I had a quad 16 years ago. They said it would give me another ten years. That was 16 years ago. I hope I don't get a bill for the extra six. :25:

Back