Are we the only ones?

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
I thought I would talk about the think that we Brits like to talk about most, the weather!!
I see the Great British monsoon season is in full swing!

Are we the only country to have drought in the winter and floods in the summer?

The wind is absolutely howling here. March winds and April showers currently. In late June.

We had some terrible hail stones yesterday huge, my friends bosses car has dents in the roof and bonnet! She tried not to laugh when she was telling me ;D

At the moment its like someone is switching the lights on and off !

We went to the local hospital yesterday afternoon.After a morning of near torrential rain we were prepared for anything. We both wore raincoats and cardi underneath . We came out of the hospital carrying our coats and cursing that the hospital had seemed to have heating on and not air-con. Crackers , how do you prepare for such changeable weather?? ::) ???

We went to the local hospital yesterday afternoon.After a morning of near torrential rain we were prepared for anything. We both wore raincoats and cardi underneath . We came out of the hospital carrying our coats and cursing that the hospital had seemed to have heating on and not air-con. Crackers , how do you prepare for such changeable weather?? ::) ???

I usually just wear a t shirt and if I get wet I get wet :) I would rather be wet and cold then hot any day. :)

I usually just wear a t shirt and if I get wet I get wet :) I would rather be wet and cold then hot any day. :)
Sorry Susan but I am under the hospital with emphysema and bronchiectasis , the slightest chance of getting a chill through being wet through could prove nasty!

We are having very similar weather over here. And yes, I agree with Dick, I´d also rather sweat than get wet and catch a chill. In fact I have just managed that, caught a chill that won´t go away for 2 weeks and I´m on my second antibiotic. I´m not suffering from anything chronic, but still I´m rather cleggish and always carry a cardigan or a mac. It would have to be really hot to stop me from that.

Sorry Susan but I am under the hospital with emphysema and bronchiectasis , the slightest chance of getting a chill through being wet through could prove nasty!

Stay inside and stay dry, hope the weather improves for you :)

Got stranded in Jarrow last night after work through the thunder storm. It was pretty impressive. Anyone seen the lightning hitting the tyne bridge? well i was wading my way towards sunderland during all that. bloody Metro trains, they were no better today.

We are having very similar weather over here. And yes, I agree with Dick, I´d also rather sweat than get wet and catch a chill. In fact I have just managed that, caught a chill that won´t go away for 2 weeks and I´m on my second antibiotic. I´m not suffering from anything chronic, but still I´m rather cleggish and always carry a cardigan or a mac. It would have to be really hot to stop me from that.

Our mutual friend Phil is happy around 30+c, it will be 25 plus outside and he will have the heater on in the car

I had a good friend (long since left us) who would have made a good friend of Cleggy's with his "I wonder if I should take off another cardigan?". I have fond memories of a photo of my pal on holiday in Spain, He and his wife were on the beach , she was built on similar lines to an early Ivy and was squeezed into a one piece cozzy. He was lying beside her in shoes ,socks ,slacks . On his top half was a vest ,shirt cardigan and a jacket!When we asked why he said he was cold! ::) ???

You know what makes me laugh a lot? Honestly. I sometimes see older summer films like of Ronnie Barker etc where people go to the beach with the picnic baskets and folding chairs etc. But the older men wearing suits. Why do they have to wear suits to the beach? Can someone explain that???

I don't know about wearing a suit to a beach but I have been with my husband now for 35 years. When we met he insisted on wearing a suit when ever we went out (He is 8 years older than me) to start with I thought he was just being smart, but after about 10 years it started to get right on my nerves! When ever we went somewhere he'd be the only one in a suit it took me another 15 years and secret wordrobe clearing, to get him out of them. Even now he'll ask "Should I wear a suit" I usually shout "NOOOO".
I think with some men suits are just ingrained in them, its like a second skin, I should know it was like skinning a buffalo getting my husband out of this!

Yes on some Ronnie Barker summer films that is what I saw and not just on those films..

Back