Are there Too many cooking or Property shows on the Tv

Amos Hames 2

Dedicated Member
In the last few years we seem to be bombarded with Cooking or Property shows. Are there too many on the TV. Also Antique shows. I like a couple but there seems to be loads. Thoughts please

The only cooking show that would interest me, is they come to my home 7 days a week, they must supply the food and cook it for me from a menu I supply them in advance.

As with all these programs, they are cheap to make, can be recycled many time on different channels, mostly all owned by the same companies, they fill up hours of airtime so you don't notice the lack of any quality shows, if they do stick something decent on you will get 4-6 episodes then it's gone for another year, yet you will notice with the dross TV they can easily do 15 to 30 episodes

The only cooking show that would interest me, is they come to my home 7 days a week, they must supply the food and cook it for me from a menu I supply them in advance.

As with all these programs, they are cheap to make, can be recycled many time on different channels, mostly all owned by the same companies, they fill up hours of airtime so you don't notice the lack of any quality shows, if they do stick something decent on you will get 4-6 episodes then it's gone for another year, yet you will notice with the dross TV they can easily do 15 to 30 episodes
I agree. Many go on for too many years using the same format. It just gets tedious. If they jazzed them up a bit they might be better but I really can't be doing with them.

Its easy low budget TV well unless Gordon Ramsey is involved . Bargain Hunt amazes me a 45 minute show for contestants to make a tenner or lose a pony and when the credits role the numbers involved are huge just pointless all that effort to lose money on what they buy :fp:

More and more of the dross appearing. Not sure who else has it but we now even have a "competition" show for LEGO!
AND even worse there is one here about balloons!!! As someone once said "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity!"

I think it is time to Stop the World...I want to get off!!!

Back