Are lines dubbed in?

Moonraker

I have been watching numerous episodes of LOTSW and cannot help noticing that when the actors are on location there are times when in the scene the weather looks breezy and often even their clothes are flapping around; yet the voices appear pristine with no interference from the natural surroundings. Are the voices dubbed in after filming?

I have been watching numerous episodes of LOTSW and cannot help noticing that when the actors are on location there are times when in the scene the weather looks breezy and often even their clothes are flapping around; yet the voices appear pristine with no interference from the natural surroundings. Are the voices dubbed in after filming?

They will listen to the audio after filming and if needs be yes, it could be all sorts of background noises, dogs barking, noisy cars, aircraft etc

There's some lines from the 1980s Foggy days that goes something like 'Who's steering? - I thought You were steering - Well somebody better start steering' which were dubbed and re-used on other episodes.

These lines were used when the trio shared Clegg's bicycle.

Danny O'Dea as Eli -- his lines were always dubbed in -- he could never remember what he was supposed to say.

Danny O'Dea as Eli -- his lines were always dubbed in -- he could never remember what he was supposed to say.
I heard this too, but I found it hard to believe, he never had more than several words to say so how on earth could he not remember ??

I heard this too, but I found it hard to believe, he never had more than several words to say so how on earth could he not remember ??

I suspect his age and probably his cognitive functionality were waning . He first appeared at the age of 76 and he was 91 when he last appeared so I think we have to give him the benefit of the doubt . Some actors simply can't learn lines look at Arthur Lowe he was shocking and it is well documented that in the early recordings the rest of the cast were frustrated and annoyed at the number of retakes needed because he didn't learn his lines.

In Merry Xmas Father Xmas when the ladies are standing on Nora's steps they're talk but if you listen to Nora's lines her sound dubbed.

Back