any members live in Holmfirth

lotswfan72

Dedicated Member
any members live in Holmfirth? never been but will soon and if i like it would consider moving there! whats it like?

I love it there i live in Kent and have been there twice and am returning at the end of August lots of Narrow winding streets,nice shops,Check out Noras house and Compos as well,Nice fish and chip shop in Hollowgate and if you go venture up Upperthong hill to St Johns church to visit the resting place of Bill Owen.It is a very friendly place when i have been there.Make sure you do the Summerwine magic tour if you go which takes you to all the sights not just in the town but up in the hills and to Jackson Bridge to the White Horse pub. :)

yeah sounds nice will defo go there soon! will do the tour you mentioned! have just bought a locations map on e-bay with some of the locations on will use that when i go! thanks!

yeah sounds nice will defo go there soon! will do the tour you mentioned! have just bought a locations map on e-bay with some of the locations on will use that when i go! thanks!

Catch the tour outside the Sids Cafe, I too can recommend the fish and chip shop, the fish is lovely and the tea and scones in Sids Cafe is well worth the money.

It's a grand place mate. I've only been on visits, but it's lovely rund there. Friendly people and beautiful countryside.

To answer the original query - some one lives in or near Huddersfield and I am about 25 miles further up the Pennines (just where the south Pennines stop and the north Pennines begin) but I am not sure if any one else is that close.

I like Holmfirth to visit, but I would not move there. Like a lot of other people who watch LOTSW I thought everything was together in the town, but in fact the locations are spread over a very wide area.

Although mainly filmed in the Holme Valley and across to Marsden (canal there) and occasionally Huddersfield.

Oakworth, River Wharfe, Scarbough, and Spurn Point were the only distant locations in the earlier days ....

Back