Another Train Photo

We had a look around the station building which is now a private home plus the area at the side has had a JW Church built on it. Nearest station now is Brockholes. Theres a cab ride view from Huddersfield to Berry brow on Youtube.

Some of our Heritage railways are opening up , so nipped on webcam and here are a couple of nice shots. Isle of Wight Steam opens today and as you can see lots of people milling about looks like some sort of official ceremony to mark it reopening . The other is FFestiniog railway no trains but the view is just fantastic.

IOWSteam.jpg

The Cob.jpg

new camera found covers the Glenfinnan Viaduct where a host of TV shows have filmed including Monarch of the Glen but it also features in some of the Harry Potter Films

glenfinnan.jpg

I am sure some of you will have seen Oh Doctor Beeching well I occasionally jump of some webcams and today I looked at Williton Station on the West Somerset railway and to be frank I could have stayed on watching for hours .What a wonderful old fashioned station with matching staff . I love the barrow selling plants and souvenirs . The , I assume , volunteers look in their element and I imagine from what I observed would not look out of place in Oh Doctor Beeching . I wish I lived that far south really love a trip on the line so picturesque .

williton.jpg

I am sure some of you will have seen Oh Doctor Beeching well I occasionally jump of some webcams and today I looked at Williton Station on the West Somerset railway and to be frank I could have stayed on watching for hours .What a wonderful old fashioned station with matching staff . I love the barrow selling plants and souvenirs . The , I assume , volunteers look in their element and I imagine from what I observed would not look out of place in Oh Doctor Beeching . I wish I lived that far south really love a trip on the line so picturesque .

View attachment 4191

I often wondered, where in the actual episode plots is Hatley Station meant to be?

View attachment 4191
It was filmed on the SVR at Arley station

Sadly on Railcam site the conversation says that the engine has again failed and the diesel backup is now pulling the passenger carriages with the FS effectively being towed on its next leg from Carlisle to the East Coast . It has now failed two or three times in as many weeks caused considerable delays on other trains because it was blocking the lines and late arrival for its passengers. The consensus is that it is perhaps time for it to stay as a static exhibit and the York National Museum :(

The consensus is that it is perhaps time for it to stay as a static exhibit and the York National Museum :(
One of our most famous steam locos just went through a rebuild - 12 years!

Even people who are not aficionados of arguably Australia’s most famous steam locomotive – pronounced ‘thirty-eight oh-one’ – should check her out, all green and shiny having emerged from a 12-year rebuild.

I hate to see things become static displays, but the cost of rebuilding these giants is crazy.

The British India Line engine 35018 was at York Today . It was built by Southern Railways in 1945 and its still running . The date of course marks the end of the war and considering that any metal during the war was given over to munitions I think its remarkable that they resourced the materials to build this and its a testimony to I assume predominantly women who must have been involved in building it given the year . :)

BIL.jpg

Back