And is Mitzi really a Mitzi?

Maggie Jones

Dedicated Member
I was watching the episode this week with Mitzi the spaniel on Gold and just for a second or two you could see Mitzi sitting on Cleggy's settee side on to the camera. Either I need to wear my glasses more often to watch TV or Mitzi had apparel more frequently seen on a male dog. I could pull out my DVD for this episode to check but just wondered if anyone else has thought the same as me or should I just use my glasses for TV?

No it's not that view. It's when she's sitting upright and side on to the camera. I'll have to rewatch it. As I said it could be my mistake but just wondering if the trained dog was a male but made a 'female' to fit into the role for the plot - ie so Marina thinks Howard has a new lady friend.

It's not quite cos the dog was sitting alone on the settee - but it's close enough to get the picture if you know what I mean.

Perhaps its a trend setter [no pun intended] way ahead of its time . In the current climate any number of couples are bringing their children up as gender neutral perhaps this was a forerunner ............................... or of course the only trained dog they could find/afford was a dog and not a bitch and to make it appear that all these men could not handle a female in the form of a dog they had to go along with using the dog in question and hope eagle eyed viewers didn't notice.

Back