An Idiot Abroad

WesleyRocks

Dedicated Member
Hi everyone, on the Science channel on Dish Network here in the states my wife and I started watching this show called An Idiot Abroad. We no longer get PBS britcoms so if something British comes on we like to check it out.
Personally I feel a bit bad for the ol' fellow,Karl Pilkinton,but in a weird way I can't stop watching the show. Its like watching a those funny videos, you know the person is going to fall off the ladder but you keep watching to make sure or something??????
I think it is funny though how he is not PC, he just speaks his mind, even though he might be totally off.
Have you seen the show and what are your thoughts?

Yes I did see it. It must have been beginning of last year or so. It was ok but not one that I liked that much. Maybe because I live abroad... LOL

Hi everyone, on the Science channel on Dish Network here in the states my wife and I started watching this show called An Idiot Abroad. We no longer get PBS britcoms so if something British comes on we like to check it out.
Personally I feel a bit bad for the ol' fellow,Karl Pilkinton,but in a weird way I can't stop watching the show. Its like watching a those funny videos, you know the person is going to fall off the ladder but you keep watching to make sure or something??????
I think it is funny though how he is not PC, he just speaks his mind, even though he might be totally off.
Have you seen the show and what are your thoughts?

I wrote about this before. I persoanally enjoyed the 1rst season and thought that the Egypt and Alaska episodes were the best. I am not into the second season as much which include's Karl's travelling partner, Warrick (forget his last name).

As a fellow Yank writing this, I enjoy Karl Pilkington but I get the impression he is not so popularlar on this forum because he is part of the new, somewhat tasteless direction of the BBC. Then again others are free to correct me if I am wrong.

Back