ACCIDENTAL MISTAKE.

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
::) Knowing there are a few whisky aficianados on the forum I wonder what they make of this. Staff at a sewage treatment works near a Chivas Bros plant in Dumbarton were alerted when a strong smell of whisky was traced to waste water coming from the plant. It was discovered that instead of flushing waste water from tanks , someone had instead flushed thousands of litres of whisky down the drain!! The management at Chivas are investigating and the sewerage treatment works say the discharge could have" adverse effects " on the waste treatment plant. ::) :'( :'(

::) Knowing there are a few whisky aficianados on the forum I wonder what they make of this. Staff at a sewage treatment works near a Chivas Bros plant in Dumbarton were alerted when a strong smell of whisky was traced to waste water coming from the plant. It was discovered that instead of flushing waste water from tanks , someone had instead flushed thousands of litres of whisky down the drain!! The management at Chivas are investigating and the sewerage treatment works say the discharge could have" adverse effects " on the waste treatment plant. ::) :'( :'(

I see it was worth £500K. No indication of brand of whisky. There will be a few upright citizens of Dumbarton - maybe not so upright - looking to track the waste disposal scheme from this plant. A wee bit change from the Buckie.

Oh Customs & Excise will be upset

Oh Customs & Excise will be upset
;D ;D ;D ;)

:D :D :D :D :D :D All that alcohol will clean out the pipes lovely ;D You'll be able to eat your dinner out of them :D :D

Oh dear, the alcohol could kill too many of the bacteria that are supposed to clean the water, this could really be a problem for the sewage works! You notice how I´m not remotely interested in the whiskey ;D?

Back