2012 is not just the Olympics but the 40th anniversary of first filming

barmpot

LOTSW Fanatic
I know it is a long time off but in a year's time we shall be at the 40th anniversary of the first filming.

It has just occurred to me - prompted by Terry's recent photo quizzes from those early days, and the reminder about Andrew Vine's book - that possibly we should plan some special event or something to commemorate the programme. The actual screening was January 1973 but obviously filmed in 1972.

Not sure what - any thoughts any one?

As a thought, what about those of who can make it, arrange a date for a meet up, have lunch together, visit Compo's grave and have a good old wander around the place?

Terry, if there a few that can make it, perhaps we/they should all familiarise themselves with that first ever recorded episode and visit all of the locations the trio visited and retrace their footsteps and then off to the Elephant and Castle for Fish and Chips and a pint.

Terry, if there a few that can make it, perhaps we/they should all familiarise themselves with that first ever recorded episode and visit all of the locations the trio visited and retrace their footsteps and then off to the Elephant and Castle for Fish and Chips and a pint.

Great idea Chuffer but I don't think they went that many places in the first episode,I will just have to watch it again

Nice catch, barmpot! We'll have to keep a reminder on the website for this. Also sounds like a good idea for those that can go. I'm sure we'll all celebrate it in our own way!

As a thought, what about those of who can make it, arrange a date for a meet up, have lunch together, visit Compo's grave and have a good old wander around the place?

That sounds good especially if we can tie it in with locations used in the Pilot - the chapel (although may not be there now), where Blamire was walking his landlady's dog, and so on.

We will have to think of a suitable alternative for those overseas.

But we have a year to plan ....

Back