Last of the Summer Wine online auction on Tuesday 16th April

PeterH

Just a post to say there is an online sale at Thomas Watson Auctions in Darlington on the 16th of this month, which includes a Script Collection from the Estate of actress Jean Ferguson (1944-201). The majority of scripts are from Last of the Summer Wine where she played 'Marina'. Also includes her debut appearance as Marina in the stage play in the 1980’s. Some great location details and production sheets that name locations and the shoots that took place there, hotels the cast stayed at, among many other details on the productions. A real goldmine of info on the series. Happy bidding!

Attachments

• IMG_6882.jpeg
    IMG_6882.jpeg
    33.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks some really great early items there, this time you have to arrange your own postage separate from the auction so be careful anyone tempted. From their FAQs:
Do you provide shipping and storage?
We do not provide shipping but can suggest a company called Mailboxes (MBE), Tel: 0191 2220018, Email: info@mbenewcastle.co.uk, they are best suited for smaller items, for larger items please speak to a member of staff who can provide further contact details of local couriers. Our premises do not have storage facilities so charges will apply from the Friday following a sale.

Looks some really great early items there, this time you have to arrange your own postage separate from the auction so be careful anyone tempted. From their FAQs:
Do you provide shipping and storage?
We do not provide shipping but can suggest a company called Mailboxes (MBE), Tel: 0191 2220018, Email: info@mbenewcastle.co.uk, they are best suited for smaller items, for larger items please speak to a member of staff who can provide further contact details of local couriers. Our premises do not have storage facilities so charges will apply from the Friday following a sale.
Sounds like a good excuse for a trip over there!

Looking at the description. "Defeat of the Stineworm" lol.

Only £49.99 + postage upwards per script...must be a franchise of Auntie ArkWainwright,
Keep an eye on them, if they don't sell you could offer a fair bit lower, also if you bought a job lot you could probably get a further discount. I paid a fair bit more than that for the theatre tour play, I know I probably vastly overpaid but I thought it was something that would be very difficult to find.

Back