Amazon Delivery Drivers

Being polite costs nothing but we seem to live in the " Don't you know who I am " society peppered with people who believe they are above everyone else and have a divine right to look down their nose and sneer at others . One of my greatest pet hates that makes me so angry are people , sometimes families, who order food and drink in a Cafe or Pub trash the table and surrounding area leaving it in a mess , believe it is beneath them to tidy up , sail off into the sunset, leaving it for staff to tidy up , if someone did that in their home they'd be seething, absolutely no need for it and so insulting and discourteous :mad:

Being polite costs nothing but we seem to live in the " Don't you know who I am " society peppered with people who believe they are above everyone else and have a divine right to look down their nose and sneer at others . One of my greatest pet hates that makes me so angry are people , sometimes families, who order food and drink in a Cafe or Pub trash the table and surrounding area leaving it in a mess , believe it is beneath them to tidy up , sail off into the sunset, leaving it for staff to tidy up , if someone did that in their home they'd be seething, absolutely no need for it and so insulting and discourteous :mad:
I think if you saw inside their homes, you'd realise they live in their own trash most of the time... As a BT technician and Housing Officer (for a total of over 35 years), I've been in a *lot* of people's homes!

I'd be mortified, we always stack our pots and clean round us before we leave, we have the kids going so its habit to them.

on the subject of deliverys i and my auntie order alot of things but mainly get evri who were formerly hermes its the same bloke in our area and i asked him not long after the switch of name to evri whats it like now and he said its no different to before and same s**t different day but he cant afford to give it up we usually tip at christmas and i always tip my takeaway deliverys on uber and deliveroo

:( is because of what Thomas said change in name only still forcing drivers into impossibly long days for minimal amounts of money and maximum levels of stress . I drive locally a lot and my ire is difficult to quench, god knows when you are under a tight schedule what their stress levels are at. I have total empathy with them deserve far more than they get like a lot of professions .

I quite like going for a Coffee in Newcastle always make sure I tip the people who serve me and always without fail take my cup and anything else I have used back but some of the people I have observed and the way they talk to staff and place demands on them makes me so so angry. I have left on a couple of occasions to stop myself from giving them it with both barrels not because I would be nervous doing so but because I don't want to make a scene for the staff . With some examples I wonder how they manage to get to the Cafe unaided because when they get there they behave like little children and want everything done for them !

I have said for years that all vehicles used commercially and business, should have the same rules as lorry drivers, and if they imposed this companies would have to employ more staff,rather than run the ones they have ragged to the point of exhaustion on a daily basis.
I have seen signs on the motorways saying "Don't drive tired" and I used to mumble don't tell me tell the bosses.

I still go to the shops.
I used to get all my auto parts from a shop in our village but it has closed after 30+ years of trading because of online deliveries. You could go in order what you want and he would get it in for later in the day and he would even lend you any special tools you needed if he had them.
All four banks have now closed due to online banking too.
We still have independent shops though- butcher, cake shop, cafes, bars, flower and hardwear shop( think of Open All Hours but for diy) that are still thriving though.
I’ve never and probably never will use Amazon although I sometimes use eBay.
If you don’t use your local shops you lose them though.
Check out what young adults are doing. They are glued to their screens and it is only natural that when they want to buy something, they automatically buy online. Yes, I used to go a lovely lamp store with all sorts of lamps. But no more, as it closed. But we still have all sorts of grocery stores and fast casual restaurants. As for clothing, I mainly use catalogs as the "vintage" (ha ha) styles that I prefer cannot be found at the mall. Yes, recently I wished to perform a transaction at a local bank, but I was "steered" to performing that transaction on the phone and the computer.

The good stuff that still exists will also be shunted away until we live in a digital world sterile and yuk.
Part of me, although I love life, is content I'm in the autumn years. I'm no doom merchant but the world has really changed in many negative ways. I find it sad.

It's going the same way with supermarket checkouts. Very few 'manned' tills. I refuse to do self service & will wait in the queue. They'll have you stacking the shelves next!
I was in Tesco yesterday and a few weeks ago they took out 19 tills, I asked the lady serving me why they did that she said they'd done it in all large Tesco's so people would us the self service, I told her I didn't like doing that because it meant workers losing their jobs. She told me it hadn't effected the staff numbers but they were charging their contracts so everyone had to be trained to do all the jobs like Aldi, I asked her if her wages were going to match Aldi's too and she laughed!

I was in Tesco yesterday and a few weeks ago they took out 19 tills, I asked the lady serving me why they did that she said they'd done it in all large Tesco's so people would us the self service, I told her I didn't like doing that because it meant workers losing their jobs. She told me it hadn't effected the staff numbers but they were charging their contracts so everyone had to be trained to do all the jobs like Aldi, I asked her if her wages were going to match Aldi's too and she laughed!
Effin progress.
That's super capitalism, that's its morality!
What a world to be born into.
And no I'm not just talking tills it's this definite power dynamic that's getting worse and the theme is "we run things don't like it TOUGH!".

Back