First haircut since December

Had my first haircut since December today. When the hairdresser showed me the back with the mirror it appears that my bald spot has grown, but for some reason hairs want to spout from my ears and bridge of the nose!
I had my first haircut this morning. Tomorrow I'm having the second one cut, Sunday I'm having the third one cut, Monday the fourth etc, etc. I have to take good care of my hair, it is waving. Waving 'Goodbye'. :confused:

Friend of mine went to a barbers and like most barbers he normally insisted on chuntering incessantly and suspecting as much when the Barber asked the standard " How would you like your hair cut today ? " he replied " In complete silence !!" Well the Barber was somewhat less than pleased and he set about my friends hair with a vengeance but as he said at the time it will grow back and I won't be going there again . :)

The last time I went to a barber he asked me how long I wanted it cutting. "No rush" I replied, "the bus isn't due for a half hour yet." He stared at me and said, "No sir, what I meant was how long do you want me to CUT your hair"? It was my turn to stare at him. "I don't want it cutting longer you dope. I want it cutting shorter." :fp:

IF you want to cut your own hair why not buy this and practise on these guys .

mop tops.jpg

Price is in Dollars so must have been from an American publication and available in the US . I am intrigued what it was and at $1 plus 25 cents it doesn't seem on the face of it to be earth shattering . Reminds me of the adverts from days gone by in the Saturday papers like the Daily Mirror.

I bought some clippers in the original lockdown and was relatively pleased with the result of cutting my own hair. I'll probably never go to the barbers again, I'm wondering if there will be many others like me which will affect the barbering trade!?

It makes me wonder how busy Judd would have been during this pandemic. He certainly would have had enough to talk about. As for cutting my own hair with one of those razor blade comb things, you just get the hang of it when you realise you need a complete restyle because your forehead has increased by four inches from the lastime you cut it.

Hey Moggie, is that a ukulele you have in your hands in your avatar? If so are you a good uke-ist? I am not a good musician although I did get an award once for playing Happy Birthday with sweaty sock and boiled rhubarb stick on the peak of mount Everest.
It makes me wonder how busy Judd would have been during this pandemic. He certainly would have had enough to talk about. As for cutting my own hair with one of those razor blade comb things, you just get the hang of it when you realise you need a complete restyle because your forehead has increased by four inches from the lastime you cut it.
Sounds like you have what we term as a receding hair line Moggie. Mine is like that in as much that is what it needs, reseeding.

Hey ,Peri according to my Mrs I am just a din in the back room and the cats left home because of my singing. As for socks I can never find them because they are not where I am looking and rhubarb is in abundance here. So if you feel inclined to sing again I'll grab you a bunch. I thought about some astro turf instead of reseeding but the wife said think about the mess it will make on your bonce during hot weather and having to wear a keep off the grass sign on your cap

Last edited:
Very glamorous Peri for this time of day. Your appearance is much a kin to her Uncle Bob who farmed over Halifax way. He lived almost a 1000ft above sea level so he would comb the top down over his ears to keep the wind out and the noise of all the other local cushers.

Last edited:
Thinking about Brylcreem, I am trying to remember what it smelt like or if it had a smell at all. I remember there were kids older than me who used it at their mothers insistance. I can recall being forced sprinkled with Brillianteen for attendance at a family wedding but for what purpose, as by the end of the day me and our kid still looked like street urchins blown in from the windy city.

Smell wasn't the issue pleasant enough it was the mess it made of pillows ,seat covers etc its replacements are now many fold gel, fibre , putty , wax etc most are dry after a few mins but wax is a like for like replacement for Brylcreem for making a mess. IF Wesley work Brylcreem he'd have had double trouble with Edie messy boots on the floor and two types of grease on everything else some from cars the rest from his napper.

Yes it did make a mess. I worked in the manufacturing of hair products. We made an hair creme which was highly perfumed with strong jasmin and very oily and my brother was very much a Wesley who frequently filled my mothers wash tub and mangle not to mention the oil slick around the bath on a Friday night. My grandmother was always telling my uncle not to lean back on the covers when he visited her house as she had just changed them.
As grandad was bald it appears my gran was a martyr to my uncles hair pomade or other visitors who would desicrate her antimacassar's. There were so many Edies about back then.

Yes it did make a mess. I worked in the manufacturing of hair products. We made an hair creme which was highly perfumed with strong jasmin and very oily and my brother was very much a Wesley who frequently filled my mothers wash tub and mangle not to mention the oil slick around the bath on a Friday night. My grandmother was always telling my uncle not to lean back on the covers when he visited her house as she had just changed them.
As grandad was bald it appears my gran was a martyr to my uncles hair pomade or other visitors who would desicrate her antimacassar's. There were so many Edies about back then.
OH, now there's another coincidence, Antimacassar, she is AntiWainwright's sister. Not bad off the top of mi head.

Back