Words from yesteryear

When I was a kid, if you saw someone wearing trousers that were too short, you would say 'has your cat died?' It was meant as an insult but I never figured out the connection.
Yes we had a very similar insult, if you had outgrown your trousers and your mother hadn't yet replaced them you were asked 'why are your trousers flying at half mast, has somebody died?" You've really jogged my memory there Roger, haven't recalled that memory for over 35 years!!!

Lol They wouldn't like me, I swear a lot but try to keep it in check around people who don't like to hear it, people who are too young to hear it, and people who can kick me off of forums I love! Lol

Sounds like you have wonderfully brought up grandkids Pearl! Half of the under 20's I chat to seem to have Tourettes!
They're autistic so like rules. They don't brake rules, it's good they'll never go to prison but we all get told off a lot, one time they demanded to see my driving licence because I went over the speed limit :rolling::33:

They're autistic so like rules. They don't brake rules, it's good they'll never go to prison but we all get told off a lot, one time they demanded to see my driving licence because I went over the speed limit :rolling::33:
That makes sense. I have an autistic friend who likes rules too. We sometimes run into trouble with each other because I'm a bit unpredictable due to my unstable sense of self (a BPD trait) and she likes predictability and stability, so sometimes we upset each other without meaning to. She's cool tho, I love her. She also likes Summer Wine, which I didn't know that when I tried to introduce her to it so that's awesome!

Sounds like you have wonderfully brought up grandkids Pearl! Half of the under 20's I chat to seem to have Tourettes!

I agree but heard people say the f and the c words are just words like any other but bet they aren't in the Oxford English Dictionary . What I personally find even more annoying are these British White kids who give it the Jamaican Patois when they talk closest they've been to Orange Street , Jamaica is the Fruit and Veg aisle in Adsa :mad:

I agree but heard people say the f and the c words are just words like any other but bet they aren't in the Oxford English Dictionary . What I personally find even more annoying are these British White kids who give it the Jamaican Patois when they talk closest they've been to Orange Street , Jamaica is the Fruit and Veg aisle in Adsa :mad:

The f and c words are in the OED and date back centuries.

Back