What makes you laugh almost uncontrollably

wstol

Dedicated Member
Inspired by a similar topic about laughing out loud, I thought I'd find out what makes you really laugh, so hard it hurts!

Some of the funniest things I've ever seen can be found on YouTube.

Richard Whitely getting a Gotcha from Noel Edmonds is one of the most funniest things I've ever seen.

Then there's the contestant who kept answering 'turkey' every time on an edition of Family Fortunes with Max Bygraves.

And also there's an episode of Catchphrase with Roy Walker known as the funniest edition, snake charmer.

A performance of the play Lend Me a Tenor, when the action is perfectly synchronized.

When I saw this play, I had arrived at the theater very tense from a rough day at work. When I left, I felt as relaxed as though I'd had an hour's massage.

Marianna

Last edited:
My BFF, Liz. We laugh ourselves to death when we hang out! Lol And Joey when he tries to break the laws of physics! Or when we're mad at someone and come up with a plan to make them miserable. Sometimes we carry out those plans, sometimes we don't, but we always end up laughing our brains out either way! And Joey's niece, Sorenity, who is two years old, but she's just a mess and a half and I can't help but laugh at all the crazy stuff she does! Lol As far as watching things that are funny...I laugh myself to death at people trying to do an epic stunt and failing miserably, people catching on fire, people getting scared, creepy stuff, gross stuff, kittens doing cute stuff, song parodies...pretty much anything a bored teenager would look up on YouTube! Lol

Just a few on mine

I have several :-
1) Rossini cats duet - there is a wonderful one on youtube, two choristers from the French Christian boys choir : one keeps an amazing straight face through the whole piece the other struggles it is so funny.

2) Dads Army - the one when they are dressed up as German Soldiers: Pike walks into the pub dressed as I think an SS officer, the look on the barman's face as he sees him and the following dialogue is priceless.

3) For those getting on a bit like me in the UK ! - The Navy Lark : I loved it.

4) Victor Borge - again on youtube there is some wonderful moments. A wonderful pianist and so funny.

5) Danny Kaye - An evening with Danny Kaye again on youtube.

I could go on and on

Inspired by a similar topic about laughing out loud, I thought I'd find out what makes you really laugh, so hard it hurts!

Some of the funniest things I've ever seen can be found on YouTube.

Richard Whitely getting a Gotcha from Noel Edmonds is one of the most funniest things I've ever seen.

Then there's the contestant who kept answering 'turkey' every time on an edition of Family Fortunes with Max Bygraves.

And also there's an episode of Catchphrase with Roy Walker known as the funniest edition, snake charmer.

I have just watched all of those you chose . . . very good, very funny. ty . . I often wish I was a first hand witness to British telly.

Victor Borge ( particularly with Phonetic Punctuation ) and Danny Kaye (Bloop Bleep and the song he did about "the vessel with the pestle??) Would have to be on my list. Spike Jones would also figure as would Stan Freeberg .:me: :D (Showing my age??)

The two shows that I have caught myself laughing out loud is Keeping Up Appearances and Are You Being Served. Not every episode, but those few scenes that strike me as hilarious.

Victor Borge ( particularly with Phonetic Punctuation ) and Danny Kaye (Bloop Bleep and the song he did about "the vessel with the pestle??) Would have to be on my list. Spike Jones would also figure as would Stan Freeberg .:me: :D (Showing my age??)

Yes you are showing your age - but I also like Spike Jones and Stan Freeberg .....

I laugh at a lot of the antics on LOTSW. I must confess that sometimes my laugh sounds a lot like Horshack on "Welcome Back Kotter."

Classic comedies. Anything made in the 90's I really don't care for. I also like stand up. Have been to some comedy clubs to see people and to be honest sometimes the warm up comic was much funnier than the headliner. For example, Bob Sagat, sorry but Ppppppphhhht. Don't know who the warm up was, all I know he was Australian. Early George Carlin , he makes you think about things also!

Back