What if?

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
What if in Getting Sam Home the lads didn't manage to get Sam back in his coffin, Sid and Ivy didn't get the van fixed and they cremated the window shop dummy, what would they have done with Sam?

That is a big what if, Pearl! I think they would be having a serious talk with the people at the funeral home on their mishap and how best to fix it. I do think that Ivy saved the day for them.

On a side note, the thought crossed my mind the other week that Sam, Sybil and Lily Bless Her are very similar to Howard, Pearl and Marina. I do like the trio of Sam, Sybil and Lily. A shame that Sam passed because I think they would have made some good recurring characters. Enjoyed how she grilled the guys on what was on their favorite biscuit tin cover.

This is a really interesting one Pearl, attempting to conceal the death or body of another is a serious criminal offence in the UK. It's very rarely tried but carries a sentence of up to life imprisonment. If they were caught with the body they could have been in an awful lot of trouble so thank goodness they managed to get the body back into the coffin!!!!!!

As an aside Alfred Nobel , the inventor of dynamite , was cremated a while ago . Sadly his sons decided he deserved to be interred with his invention . Whilst they hoped he would rest in peace sadly his cremation resulted in a 20ft hole in the Crematorium wall with his ashes being scattered across the garden of remembrance before the family could give him due reverence . :08:

In the show, Clegg was going to confess to Sybil anyway - so it would have been sorted out 'fairly' easily...

Back