Web cam log-in and other weirdness

Marianna

Dedicated Member
Does anyone have any idea why the web cam system periodically requests viewers to log in? It isn't every day, or even every week, but when I cancel out of the log-in screen, the image goes black for a minute or so before reappearing.

And does anyone else occasionally find the image replaced by a completely unrelated advert? A full screen Chevy ad pops up on mine with the offer to locate my nearest dealer.

Marianna

I don't know what's happening for you. But I have never been asked for a log in for the Webcam. I've also never had any advertisements pop up. Sounds like someone's planted a cookie on you computer or something.
Marilyn

The log-in request has been happening ever since I began keeping the web cam visible whenever my PC is on. I enlarge the image to nearly fill the screen (the resolution isn't much worse than in the small image) and use it kind of like wallpaper. Maybe that's why the log-in request happens.

If the ad is because of a cookie and I can't readily identify it, I'll live with it rather than clearing all of my cookies and losing a lot of automated log-in convenience.

Marianna

I'm with Marilyn on this Marianna. It sounds like some sort of gremlin even from my side of the pond. I communicate with simon.flatley@virtualhuddersfield.com if I have to ask about the webcam. He has never yet asked for a log-in or put any dealerships etc on my computer. :confused:

I never have to log in either.

I've contacted the email address that Dick gave in his reply to ask whether or not the request is normal, and if it's because I keep the web cam active on my PC all day, every day. Since it started very shortly after I made it one of my six Firefox home pages, I suspect that might be the reason.

Since I have no log-in credentials for that web site, I can't log in, so I click Cancel and briefly lose the image. If the log-in request is legitimate, it's probably meant for people who are authorized to make alterations to Virtual Huddersfield.

Marianna

Back