Watching The Clock Walk.

Pete.

Dedicated Member
Hello all,
Even though it was misty and damp,this morning I had a lovely walk around Ramsden and Holme Styes reservoirs,where they did lots of filming,I knew I would be walking past the tree that Cleggy got stuck up in Watching the clock,so before I went I took a few photos of the episode,and tried to stand in the same place today,so I could share with you how it looks now,and how different it looks on a misty autumn day,
Glenda and Barrys house was literally a hundred yards away,but I didn't like taking a photo of the house without their permission,
Pete x

Attachments

• LOTSW 001.jpg
    LOTSW 001.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 25
  • LOTSW 011.jpg
    LOTSW 011.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 24
  • LOTSW 003.jpg
    LOTSW 003.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 24
  • LOTSW 010.jpg
    LOTSW 010.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 25
  • LOTSW 002.jpg
    LOTSW 002.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 27
  • LOTSW 007.jpg
    LOTSW 007.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 27
  • LOTSW 004.jpg
    LOTSW 004.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 32
  • LOTSW 008.jpg
    LOTSW 008.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 27
  • LOTSW 005.jpg
    LOTSW 005.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 22
  • LOTSW 009.jpg
    LOTSW 009.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 25
  • LOTSW 006.jpg
    LOTSW 006.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 24
  • LOTSW 013.jpg
    LOTSW 013.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 25
Thanks Pearl and Darin,
Hope you're keeping well,most of my walks are in the areas where lots of filming took place,and often as I walk along I will remember and visualise scenes that took place there,those screenshots are the type of things I imagine,so it was great to have them on my camera and be able to share them,
I'm off next week and they've forecast brighter weather,so hope to be able to do a couple more walks in Summerwine country,take care,
Pete x

Hi cciaffone,
I don't know the Fleece,where is that,I don't think I passed it,out that way its just winding roads with fields and dry stone walls,apart from the small housing estate with Glenda and Barrys house,I'm going to Jackson Bridge next week to go on a walk to Tinkers Monument where they filmed loads of scenes such as the duel in Brushes at Dawn,and I will call in the White Horse while I'm there,theres a pub that appears in lots of episodes,where there is an unmissable big wooden pole in the room,I'll take a photo from inside the pub when I find it,think it might be the Carriage House at Marsden,
I'v just had a look through the photos I posted today and the order is jumbled up,I downloaded them in order showing a scene,then the same scene as it is today,but theyre all mixed up and I don't know how to change them around,sorry about that,
Pete x

I don't know the Fleece,where is that,I don't think I passed it

Taking the Woodhead road from Holmfirth up (south) thru Holmbridge and
finally to Holme. The Fleece is on the right. Across the Woodhead road
from The Fleece is a path that leads down to the Ramsden reservoir. At
least I think so? Have not walked that way in a while.

Altho I might be lying.

Saw title of thread and thought to myself that I know clocks have hands; but feet? Have heard of 'Talking clock' but 'Walking Clock'?

clock_zps58e6d4f4.jpg

Will now retire with wet towel around head.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanks Chuck,I know where you mean now,I havn't been in though,
Cheers Amos,disappointed that the order of them is all mixed up though,its lovely to go walking around all the familiar places and stop and imagine them all there,like that tree,its just another tree to most walkers,but I always stop and pause and imagine Howard and Marina sat at the bottom having their conversation about embroidery and wrestling,and suddenly Cleggy shouting from the tree offering to ensure fair play if they help him down,then Truly Billy and Alvin jumping up from behind that little wall you can see next to it,makes a walk much more enjoyable,
Haha I see what you mean Big Unc :)

Back