TV cookery shows

Please tell me didn't really like Fanny Craddock!

Actually I preferred to see the chemistry (explosive mixture?) with Johnnie Cradock her 'husband' - he of the monocle. Just a period piece ...

it was one of my earlier memories along with Eileen Fowler ... any one rememerb her although that ws not cookery ::)

I have seen clips of Fanny and Johnnie, I would love to see a hole program of them. I don't suppose that would be allowed nowa days, what with all the drinking and no swearing and all ;)

Philip Harben, Clement Freud and Fannie Cradock .... ::) ::) ::)
Have you ever seen the "NEW TRICKS" episode where the wife was accused of murdering her husband while on a tv cooking show? That appeared to have been loosely based on Fanny and Johnny(wife doing all the cooking ,he just passing things and drinking wine). ???

Philip Harben, Clement Freud and Fannie Cradock .... ::) ::) ::)
Have you ever seen the "NEW TRICKS" episode where the wife was accused of murdering her husband while on a tv cooking show? That appeared to have been loosely based on Fanny and Johnny(wife doing all the cooking ,he just passing things and drinking wine). ???

I saw that Dick, when it was on I thought it was ment to be those two :)

Actually I preferred to see the chemistry (explosive mixture?) with Johnnie Cradock her 'husband' - he of the monocle. Just a period piece ...

it was one of my earlier memories along with Eileen Fowler ... any one rememerb her although that ws not cookery ::)
Wasn't Eileen Fowler an early keep fit teacher?

The dreaful thing here is that I actually remember watching Fanny Craddock's show.

But then again I also remember watching 'Muffin the Mule'

Wasn't Eileen Fowler an early keep fit teacher?

Yes, the original keep fit lady on TV

The dreaful thing here is that I actually remember watching Fanny Craddock's show.

I also recall Muffin prancing around on the highly polished top of a grand piano: it stopped about 1955 if I recall correctly. But then I first watched TV in 1951 ....

If we are reminiscing childrens tv from the 50s was Muffin on the same programme as Mexican Pete and Hank?? . I think they are the same era but my memory could be faulty ::) ::)

Dick

Mexican Pete and Hank were from Whirligig, early 1950s. Muffin the Mule was early afternoon if I recall and Whirligig was Saturdays.

Ess I note we share the same birthday - although you are possibly a little older than myself .... but I am pre NHS.

I have the feeling I may be the oldest member here, not sure if this is good or bad.

We are both retired, but I always feel that retirement is wasted on us oldies. I could have done with it ten years ago.

My cousin has an original Muffin the Mule toy. It's the ugliest thing I ever saw. She's 61 now and loves the rotten thing like it was a pet! Actually I think their cat gets less attention than the mule!

My cousin has an original Muffin the Mule toy. It's the ugliest thing I ever saw. She's 61 now and loves the rotten thing like it was a pet! Actually I think their cat gets less attention than the mule!

I was given a plastic Muffin the Mule toy in the 1950s; my Mother still keeps it in case I "break it" - I think. It has a carrot with a magnet in which means his mouth opens as you place the carrot above his head. Mint condition as I was never allowed to play with it as it was breakable! Rather liek my first electric train set - my father played with it. I could watch.

My cousin played with that mule til it was threadbare. Shocking state on the thing these days!

Has anyone seen a show called cake boss its a us show about a guy called Buddy and his team who make these extrodinary cakes in different forms.Only seen a couple of episodes but was hooked straight away.
I've not seen that one but I used to watch Ace of Cakes with Duff Goldman. I liked watching the different techniques but couldn't imagine eating something that had been handled so much :p

I like: Pioneer Woman, Barefoot Contessa and Everyday Italian with Giada.

I also like Barefoot Contessa. I e-mailed the shows website one time and you know, I got a reply from Ina herself! How kind was that?

I have never seen the Barefoot Contessa. Could someone tell me what channel she was on? Also are we talking about years ago before my time????? LOL

I have never seen the Barefoot Contessa. Could someone tell me what channel she was on? Also are we talking about years ago before my time????? LOL

US Show of course. If on now in UK it will be on Food Channel (Sky or Virgin).

Back