Today

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
We are off to Oakworth today,leaving soon and be back this evening before our 4 day stop in Holmfirth later in the week,you all have a restful Sunday and I will bring some rock back

Terry

We are off to Oakworth today,leaving soon and be back this evening before our 4 day stop in Holmfirth later in the week,you all have a restful Sunday and I will bring some rock back

Terry

Can I have a yellow one please?
Have a good day Terry :D

Terry

oh, how delightful ... sticks of rock all round ...

I shall dip mine into my tea ...

I assume that you're not trying to eat a stone. What is rock? Some type of hard candy?

The only rock I know from Oakworth is millstone grit - the yellowish-greyish local stone that makes up the Pennines!!

Bottomleys in Keighley used to make rock but that business was sold in 1981 to Bishops of Bradford who still make Bottomley Mint Rock! Bottomleys factory was not very far from where I am typing this! Long gone now!

When they swept through Yorkshire they hoovered up all the good stuff, Beer,Black Puddings,Oakworth Rock,some baht'at, ferrets, Whippets,sheep,dry stone walls and flat caps,strangely they left the women after seeing losw on UK Gold.

Back