Think on

The person who spends all day bragging about what he is going to accomplish tomorrow probably did the very same thing yesterday.

Old one my mother used to throw at us ..................If ,IFS and ANDS, were pots and pans we'd have no need of tinkers! :me:

Last edited:
Those who can't write, write help files.

Careful old son, I spent over 30 years as a technical
writer in the computer industry and have certainly
written my fair share of help files. To do them right
is difficult. To do them badly comes easily.

Careful old son, I spent over 30 years as a technical
writer in the computer industry and have certainly
written my fair share of help files. To do them right
is difficult. To do them badly comes easily.

I did not write that - only passed it on!

My own experience is that they never quite deal with what I see or do not see on screen ...

My own experience is that they never quite deal with what I see or do not see on screen ...

My usual difficulty is that in order to retrieve an answer from a help file, I need to know what the problem is called there. If I knew that much, I'd probably know enough about it so that it wouldn't be a problem.

Marianna

My usual difficulty is that in order to retrieve an answer from a help file, I need to know what the problem is called there. If I knew that much, I'd probably know enough about it so that it wouldn't be a problem.

Marianna

Yes precisely, and as much software originates in the USA there can be a language barrier in that US English and UK English are not the same and words can vary in meaning. I have enough trouble with Standard English (the formal version of UK English - no dialectal words, local idioms or such like) spoken in RP (Received pronunciation) which is sometimes erroneously referred to as the UK southern accent. RP is actually the very formal accent employed by the BBC from the 1920s onwards, and had speakers from all over the UK. It is not specifically southern, Estuary English is much more a southern accent, for example.

"Friends let you cry on their shoulder, best friends grab a shovel and an axe and help you do away with the jerk who made you cry!"

Lol My BFF Liz was recently dumped by her boyfriend and that jerk is terrified of me right now because he knows that the only reason he's still alive and breathing is because Liz told me not to hurt him. So yeah, I'd say that quote is true. Lol But let me just say that if he causes her to shed one more tear, I'll make him wish he was never born.

Last edited:
Blessed is he who expects nothing, therefore he will not be disappointed .

Thought it was anonymous, but found it was Benjamin Franklin

Back