The scariest woman on Last of the Summer Wine

Bora Natty

Dedicated Member
who do you think would have frightened you the most? I know there are so many, but not just looks, but demeanor, physically, etc. I'm going with Ivy. As Compo would say, she's a big lass is Ivy. She would hit you in the head with a tray or grab you by the scruff and plant you on a chair. I also thought about Mrs. Avery. When she was drunk in the back of Entwistle's truck, she grabbed Howard up like he was a piece of paper. Most impressive..

Physically, either of the ones you named. Psychologically, I'd have to go with Pearl. And her methods were capable of doing much more damage than either Ivy or Mrs. Avery could cause.

I have to agree with Marianna, Pearl is scary! But, is she scary because Howard is a jerk or is Howard a jerk because she's scary? What came first? I've always wondered that! Lol

Old Betsy Trumfleet.
Ooooh, good one Roger, I was trying to think of her name and couldn't remember it. For sheer looks, I think she has it. Ladies, I was thinking about Pearl, she did have all the attributes and I didn't even think of her psychological work on Howard. Good point!

Last edited:
I would say Ivy. She stands there with her tray and a stern look of an uncompromising, unyielding, forbidding thundercloud waitng to strike twice if necessary. She also had that glint of sunshine should the situation arise.

Back