the music blaring from Wesley's Land Rover

manfromoswestry

Dedicated Member
I remember hearing what I think could've passed for the sound of Thin Lizzy or Iron Maiden with the twin guitars playing in harmony with each other. Was that an actual band in real life who's music was borrowed for the show, or was it especially recorded for the show? Also, I don't recall if I addressed this earlier on, but why did Wesley blast such loud music in his Land Rover? Was the on/off button broken?

Wesley said that the engine made so much noise he needed the music to drown it out. lol. And it was always the same music.

We spoke of this recently.

I think it's a piece of music composed by LOTSW music man Ronnie Hazlehurst to represent rock music - without using actual rock music, which wouldn't suit the show.

lol . . true, wstol, . . . it wouldn't suit to hear Wesley's radio playing AC/DC or the Stones.

I just watched Who's Looking After he Cafe Then, and Wesley is really rocking out in this episode.
I also like the opening scene on the hillside when Compo says Charlie Pablo has a bit tucked away in a eunich's truss. Brian and Peter can easily be seen as finding this truly amusing. I laugh so hard every time I see this part.

I just watched Who's Looking After he Cafe Then, and Wesley is really rocking out in this episode.
I also like the opening scene on the hillside when Compo says Charlie Pablo has a bit tucked away in a eunich's truss. Brian and Peter can easily be seen as finding this truly amusing. I laugh so hard every time I see this part.

Me too, I love the eunuch´s truss scene :D.

As far as Wesley rocking out, there are lots of fathers who end up rocking out to rock music because that's what's been pouring out of their teenager's boomboxes and they're used to listening to it. It's possible that Glenda had such a boombox.

Back