The Cafe

Pete.

Dedicated Member
We've all seen it so often,and I wasn't even going to take a photograph of it,but I called this week and just thought how lovely it looked,and isn't it reassuring to know that its still there,unchanged,exactly as we know and love it,and doing so well and looking so fabulous.
Btw have been in touch with the lovely couple that live in Howard and Pearls house,they lived there when filming took place there too,and they have kindly let me visit and take some photos next week,so hopefully will get to posting them on here sometime too,I bet it was amazing for them,when all the castand crew arrived at your house.
Pete x
15th%20April%202015%20099_zpsvk8szohb.jpg
15th%20April%202015%20100_zpsyffeytx7.jpg
15th%20April%202015%20098_zpskrg7ytuc.jpg

"Somethings coming in the morning and its not the postman"

"Cough"
:30::30::12:

I can't remember the name of the episode its from Pearl,its the one where Howard,my favourite character,is led into believing he got drunk and romantically involved with an old friend of Alvins,and that she was moving into his house to live with him the following morning,and he leaves Pearl a note saying he's had to move out and will send for her when he is settled,she catches up with him on the lane and that's when he said it,I changed my avatar to Howard and wanted a quote of his,I'm not up to date with all these things,and have no idea what the icons are,
Pete x

Is it Eva's Back in Town with the elegant Shirley Anne Field ?
That's the one captain,thankyou.Unless an episode is centred around a location that I'm familiar with,like Follow that bottle or Watching the clock,I'm hopeless at remembering the names of them,that quote might not even be exactly what he said,if not it was something very similar.

Is it Eva's Back in Town with the elegant Shirley Anne Field ?
Just looked at the scheduling for LOTSW on tv,and this episode is on tues 28th April at 2pm on Gold,I don't have this series on dvd so will especially record it to see if that's the line he says,also love that quote of his,and again I have no idea which episode,where he rips his pinnie off and says things are going to change and he's going to put his foot down and from now on he's only going to wear plain pinnies :)

That's the one captain,thankyou.Unless an episode is centred around a location that I'm familiar with,like Follow that bottle or Watching the clock,I'm hopeless at remembering the names of them,that quote might not even be exactly what he said,if not it was something very similar.

I don't have that episode on DVD so can't check what was actually said, but the script said: "There's something coming in the morning and it's not the postman."

But what are all the blue and white banners at the Cafe for???
Hi cciaffone,
They're for the first ever Tour De Yorkshire,a cycle race following on from the Tour De France which came through Yorkshire and Holmfirth,the Tour De Yorkshire is from 1st to 3rd May and the third stage is in Holmfirth.

I don't have that episode on DVD so can't check what was actually said, but the script said: "There's something coming in the morning and it's not the postman."
Oh thanks me2 that's a great help,I'll change my signature,it was just from memory and I almost got it right,thankyou :)

But what are all the blue and white banners at the Cafe for???
2728A9E400000578-0-image-a-15_1427791278175.jpg

Its not just Holmfirth,everyones going a bit blue and white Tour de Yorkshire mad,Audreys chippie in Bridlington are going one better than banners and are selling blue battered fish in celebration of it.

I was in Yorkshire are last year on a char-a-banc holiday before the Tour de France and amongst the memorabilia there seemed to be a plethora bicycles affixed to lots of walls all painted yellow in honour of the tour . Do they largely remain in place and have people now painted these Blue in homage to the Tour de Yorkshire?

Hi captain,
There are some,but I'v not seen as many as when it was the Tour de France,so perhaps a lot of them were put away,
Going to Bridlington next Saturday to watch a cricket match on the cliff top at Sewerby,I usually call in Audreys and will definitely be trying a blue fish :)
Blue%20bike_zpsyzf8kelu.png
Blue%20fish_zpspnoy4eu2.jpg

There's a beer festival on at the Picturedrome May 1st, 2nd and 3rd of May live music and Timothy Taylors beer.mmmm. The route goes past the venue and up Victoria St.

Back