The Boyne in flood.

onyx(John)

Administrator
Staff member
The river Boyne this evening, Swollen higher and wider than most locals ever remember.
i0qWsnh.jpg

We used to have a stream that flowed next to our house in Pennsylvania. I can remember many flash floods when we would have heavy rain. It is amazing how quickly a small stream can turn into a dangerous, torrent.

There is walkway underneath one of the town bridges and the river has risen to overflow this pedestrian underpass, something I haven't seen ever happen before.

I hope this don't sound stalk-ish, but I didn't have a reference of what the river normally looks like, so went to Google maps and took a bit of a tour of trim. Yes, comparing your picture with Google maps it is definitely high.
Nice little town, I like the old castle near the river.

I hope this don't sound stalk-ish, but I didn't have a reference of what the river normally looks like, so went to Google maps and took a bit of a tour of trim. Yes, comparing your picture with Google maps it is definitely high.
Nice little town, I like the old castle near the river.
No problem Darin. If you are familiar with the film Braveheart, Trim castle was used for many of the scenes in the movie.

That must have been exciting for the locals, I guess it could have been an inconvenience too though. It looks like a nice quiet little town, I just watched a few youtube videos the people posted. I looked at the rooms at the Trim Castle hotel as well, very nice.

Ahhh, it does look quite close to the castle.
I put in a few dates just for kicks and it is booked up even all the way through June. Your town must be a popular visiting area.

Yes, as it's designated a heritage town and with its great medieval history and architecture it's a very popular tourist destination.

Back