Summer Wine Decanted

Tik tok has some videos about LOTSW actors with now and then [for those still with us] I saw part 2 there are three parts in total. I have the video downloaded for part 2 but not sure how I can upload here so for now perhaps people can search on tik tok to see them [if you use tik tok app search now and then actors summer wine] . The issue with posting the link is you'll see the video but then it comes up with suggestions for others some of which are somewhat surprisingly risque .

Last edited:
Following the recent news of the passing of Alan J. W. Bell, Peter and I thought it only right to honour him in a short video.

My 92 year-old father has recently been diagnosed with dementia. I know it is easy to say "I knew ..." but he has had cognitive issues for about 2 years. His wife, who is not my mother, refused to acknowledge his problems and his diagnosis was delayed. He is now being well looked after in a care home. If you are not sure, you will not be wasting your doctor's time - early diagnosis does help.
Not to spoil anyone's pre-Christmas, but as I recently mentioned my father's dementia diagnosis, I thought I would add that I was called earlier with the news that he passed away at 5am today, in the care home.

My lasting memories will be of him in his 40s to 50s; If he wasn't fixing his car, he would be helping other people especially the Cubs and Scouts. He drove the minibus for the Scout's camp, got involved in organising all sorts of events, and used whatever influence he had to elicit tombola prizes - he got Parker Knoll to donate a reclining armchair!
There is a photo of Dad when he was doing National Service, next to a huge army truck he was working on. Just over 50 years later at a vintage vehicle event he was reunited with the same vehicle, and got the opportunity to drive it again.
When he was the fleet engineer for a coach firm, he drove their coaches on Silverstone race track for a promotional photo shoot!
He worked in the transport business until he was about 72, eventually retiring to look after his disabled wife.

He was 92, he had a good life and I think he did everything he wanted to. Whilst I am saddened, it is a relief that he does not have to suffer any more.

My deepest condolences on your loss , I lost my Mum last year at 98, whilst you may think you are prepared for it the reality of the shock is still very painful and surprising . Dementia is such a cruel illness not only for those suffering with it but their nearest and dearest . I found great solace in remembering all the times of great humour we had as a family . Whilst she was alive we documented her life story and had it published so it left us with an abiding memory . I think it would be very therapeutic for anyone who has lost a loved one to perhaps consider undertaking that . Take care Leigh.

Loved the video thank you for producing Leigh , it generates so many questions . It is a great shame we didn't start discussing this when Alan J W Bell was alive because sure Terry could have tried to mail him to ask . The only source we have of any definitive answer is probably Roy Clarke himself though we could trawl through the credits and see if any of the Production team involved in series 29 and see if it is possible to contact them ........ or we could just sleeping purple dogs lie :)

Loved the video thank you for producing Leigh , it generates so many questions . It is a great shame we didn't start discussing this when Alan J W Bell was alive because sure Terry could have tried to mail him to ask . The only source we have of any definitive answer is probably Roy Clarke himself though we could trawl through the credits and see if any of the Production team involved in series 29 and see if it is possible to contact them ........ or we could just sleeping purple dogs lie :)
Thanks Cap'n. In the past I have tried to contact various people involved with productions. On social media sites it is not always possible to deduce which one of many identically named profiles is the person you want, then most of the time they have the message option disabled, or just do not reply. However, I have noticed that when professionals are interviewed they give different explanations for the same event at different times, or one person's recollection differs from another. Incidentally, even people who are not "in the business" seem disinclined to reply to any correspondence. It does not help that I'm not famous influencer, otherwise someone might take notice!

Back