Summer Wine A-Z Game

Ogleby Hall
You missed the G my friend .No problem its happened before :) Its just a fun game where we try and find anything summer wine in an alphabetical order.Can be part of a sentence ,episode title , whatever,. I will put in the G, whoever follows on will go to the I. :)
Gordons wedding.

How can you say young summerwinefan missed the G. It is there in "Ogleby" between the O and the l.

Ogleby Hall
You missed the G my friend .No problem its happened before :) Its just a fun game where we try and find anything summer wine in an alphabetical order.Can be part of a sentence ,episode title , whatever,. I will put in the G, whoever follows on will go to the I. :)
Gordons wedding.

How can you say young summerwinefan missed the G. It is there in "Ogleby" between the O and the l.
Unc if you followed this thread you must have noticed that the letters occur at the beginning of the words ,never mind where they are in the sentence or title.The reason I suggested the letter had been missed was that I assumed the H in hall was Summerwine fans choice.As I said a bit of fun, no real problem.

Ogleby Hall
Gordons wedding.

Unc if you followed this thread you must have noticed that the letters occur at the beginning of the words ,never mind where they are in the sentence or title.The reason I suggested the letter had been missed was that I assumed the H in hall was Summerwine fans choice.As I said a bit of fun, no real problem.

One problem with written communication is that you cannot see my tongue in my cheek. I thought I had been on here long enough for folk to realise I should never be taken seriously.

Sorry Unc I foolishly thought you were trying to correct me. ::) :-[ :-[

As you see by my Avatar I can be a little irreverent myself ;) ;)

Okay, okay . . . and just for that . . I am doing the next 2 in one . . .
The KNIFE is your best friend in the JUNGLE . . . lol

no extra points for two together you know ::)

cant you LEAVE that brush alone?? ;)

Going totally off piste as is my wont, this reminded me of another quote I have been known to use: "Never ask a man where he is going with a spade in the desert".

Non LOTSW source?

Going totally off piste as is my wont, this reminded me of another quote I have been known to use: "Never ask a man where he is going with a spade in the desert".

Non LOTSW source?

This one of my own provoked me. What is the source of the word, "wont"?

lol to all !! and btw, John . . . my younger brother used to call me Elsie ( for the cow in the milk commercial ) ~~ so that was so perfect!

Non LOTSW source?

This one of my own provoked me. What is the source of the word, "wont"?
Dictionary gives it Middle English allied to Old High German wonen or woned, synonyms are given as , given, habituated, used or accustomed.

Q ~~~~ Quirkness . . . Nora says to Wally, "Is that all your going to do when a man leers at your wife?" wally replies that he can only marvel at his quirkness. or summat like that. lol

Ogleby Hall
Gordons wedding.

One problem with written communication is that you cannot see my tongue in my cheek. I thought I had been on here long enough for folk to realise I should never be taken seriously.

Combing memory banks, I realised that my, "How can you say young summerwinefan missed the G. It is there in "Ogleby" between the O and the l." comment was somewhat based on the missing third engine quip from the following list:

"Never let it be said that ground crews and engineers lack a sense of humor. Here are some actual logged maintenance complaints and problems as submitted by Qantas pilots and the solution recorded by maintenance engineers. By the way, Qantas is the only major airline that has never had an accident.

P = The problem logged by the pilot.
S = The solution and action taken by the engineers.

P: Left inside main tire almost needs replacement.
S: Almost replaced left inside main tire.

P: Test flight OK, except auto-land very rough.
S: Auto-land not installed on this aircraft.

P: Something loose in cockpit.
S: Something tightened in cockpit.

P: Dead bugs on windshield.
S: Live bugs on back-order.

P: Autopilot in altitude-hold mode produces a 200 feet per minute descent.
S: Cannot reproduce problem on ground.

P: Evidence of leak on right main landing gear.
S: Evidence removed.

P: DME volume unbelievably loud.
S: DME volume set to more believable level.

P: Friction locks cause throttle levers to stick.
S: That's what they're there for.

P: IFF inoperative.
S: IFF always inoperative in OFF mode.

P: Suspected crack in windshield.
S: Suspect you're right.

P: Number 3 engine missing.
S: Engine found on right wing after brief search.

P: Aircraft handles funny.
S: Aircraft warned to straighten up, fly right, and be serious.

P: Target radar hums.
S: Reprogrammed target radar with lyrics.

P: Mouse in cockpit.
S: Cat installed.

P: Noise from under instrument panel. Sounds like a midget pounding with a hammer.
S: Took hammer away from midget."

Back