Stuck with BT for your internet

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
If you are on one of the exchanges where your max download speed is 8 meg no matter who your internet provider is and swapping providers will not really make much of a saving,then try this

One of my elderly neighbours wanted to save a few shillings on her internet,she paid her line rental annually but her internet and line options where just under £19 and month,so on her behalf I looked at the option of moving from BT to another provider,to get the best deal this included moving the line to the new provider as well,after paying the annual line rental the Broadband and line options came out at £12 a month,saving her £7 a month over the next 12 months.

I then called BT on 0800 800 150 and in the voice option menu said MAC code,after a short time I was through to a English call centre,I said to the chap before we ask for a MAC code (Needed to move to another provider) is there any deals he could offer for the customer to stay, he came back with a deal that after paying the annual line rental he could offer unlimited broadband and the line options for £6.65p a month for the next 12 months,this deal is saving her £148 pa

So my advice is if you are outside any contract with BT do the same,if you don't ask you never know

Back