Still open all hours series 4

wstol

Dedicated Member
It appears a new series of Still Open All Hours begins filming in September, according to the internet.

Don't know if Lynda Baron will appear.

Though it's not as good as the original series, I hope this series will be better.

The original Open All Hours consisted of four series, so perhaps this may a good time to bow out.

It will still be about the best thing on TV at the moment, and a substitute for LOTSW.

Good news. Roughly how long do you think till it comes to the TV? Sometime middle of next year, possibly? If someone could give a shout when it does I would appreciate it. I'm still waiting patiently for the newest series of Upstart Crow and Red Dwarf to come out.

True, it may not be as good as the original but I still like seeing the familiar faces and somewhat new-ish content. I saw an article not long ago where David Jason said he did not wish to retire and to work as long as he could. More power to him. Maybe we will see a return to Fools & Horses, Lucky Feller or something.

Good news. Roughly how long do you think till it comes to the TV? Sometime middle of next year, possibly? If someone could give a shout when it does I would appreciate it. I'm still waiting patiently for the newest series of Upstart Crow and Red Dwarf to come out.

True, it may not be as good as the original but I still like seeing the familiar faces and somewhat new-ish content. I saw an article not long ago where David Jason said he did not wish to retire and to work as long as he could. More power to him. Maybe we will see a return to Fools & Horses, Lucky Feller or something.

Well series 1 & 2 started screening around the Christmas time and into the following year, series 3 started in the New Year, they start filming 2nd week of September and will be done with the exterior stuff by the end of September, then its off to the studios, so they may have 1 or 2 episodes to screen before the end of 2017

I thought after all those years the new series they put out would not have been as good how wrong can you be, it was if they had never been away cannot wait for a new series of Still Game.

Yes, please say when new Still Game comes out. The original is hilarious. Are most of the cast coming back?

Captain you make it sound like as if some of the new series has already aired? Is it going by a new title? It can be tough to get current news on overseas shows.

Rick,

Please be assured if it had of aired I would have opened up a new thread to sing it's praises . I imagine the cast will be the same there was a rumour that someone was going to be "killed off" because someone spotted an ambulance at the filming but all the well known stars are shown in the report in the Scottish Sun paper playing football . I was going to add a link to the article but the Sun being the Sun some of the other articles on the page are risque and would possibly cause offence so I am posting one of the snaps from the article below. There are pictures showing Victor, Winston, Isa, Tam , Shug , Boaby the Barman only one not there is Navid but I can picture him saying " you want me to shut the shop the kick a leather bag of wind around a pitch no chance! " . I assume you have seen Series 7 which was the comeback after a 9 year exodus thankfully it was as brilliant as the others and avidly watched by fans at the back end of last year.

jack.jpg

There has been lots of Pictures in the Still Game group on Facebook, no mention of anybody missing from the filming

Thank you for all the information. I am sorry to have pulled this thread away from the topic of Still Open All Hours. The excitement got the better of me. My apologies.

For those across the Pond, MPT2 (Maryland Public Television) runs Still Open All Hours on Sunday nights. And taking all things into consideration, it's not too bad.

Back