Still Game Live at Hydro

RickAns

Dedicated Member
I stumbled across a youtube video the other day of the Still Game crew live at the Hydro in Glasgow in 2015. Here is the link

Really enjoyed this. I knew the guys had done some stage work before Still Game and it shows they still can play to an audience. What an audience they had too. Amazed me at how large the Hydro is and how many people came out to see a Still Game show. The audio and camera work were well done.

Rick it appears this stage show was so popular and overbooked, they cancelled some pop group that was due to play along with other shows and extended the Still Game show

Thanks for posting Rick , The two main stars Ford Kiernan and Greg Hemphill had a major fallout and called it a day back in 2007 after the pressure of writing put a strain on their relationship causing Greg to start smoking 60 cigarettes a day . The link to the show you posted was their comeback in 2014 after 7 years away . I have a DVD of the show which they released to great public clamour , its excellent from start to finish , the opening which reflects on their 7 year absence is just brilliant . Post that series of shows thankfully they have continued to produce series for TV . I am not sure if you have seen some of the cast out of character the most surprising is Isa please see below.

isa.jpg

I had heard that the two drifted apart for a bit. Did not know the timeline or that this was part of their comeback.

It is great to see such enthusiasm for the show and how well received they were on their return. Hopefully it will encourage the group to continue to produce new shows for some years to come.

That is a good picture of Isa. Not sure I had seen any of the cast out of character before.

Thanks, guys. I always learn something new on this forum.

Back