Specials Poll

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a list of Specials,not a complete list but the first 10 specials shown,this poll will run for 21 days

Quite difficult as some really good ones - however I have made my choice.

Interestingly I think I could have chosen one if that was all - but then there are about four more I really like.

All are good and are some of my all time favourite episodes partly because there is a definite opportunity to develop a story

I love each and every one of them 'And A Dewhurst Up A Fir Tree' has me in fits of laughter, but if I was hard pressed then I would have to say Crums.

Not sure what happened yesterday but I thought I had voted - but no. Definitely have now - and I seem to be in accord with those who have voted so far...

Now this is a tough one. One I will rule out is Big Day at Dream Acres as it's poor and one of the worst episodes ever recorded in my view, I'm sure plenty wont agree with me, but to pick 3 from the rest is difficult. I think I'll go for Whoops, All Mod Conned and The Loxley Lozenge.

All Mod Conned was very funny, loved Compo dancing on the caravan roof singing Jingle Bells. I think that era was true vintage Summer Wine.

For me it´s All Mod Conned, the Loxley Lozenge and Gettign Sam Home which I found particularly great because Cleggy was the secret leader in this, not Foggy. I also read the novel and was surprised how much bad language and filthy descriptions were in it. And sometimes Foggy had been mixed up with Blamire, I have the Foggy version of the book, but still sometimes it says Cyril.

For me it´s All Mod Conned, the Loxley Lozenge and Gettign Sam Home which I found particularly great because Cleggy was the secret leader in this, not Foggy. I also read the novel and was surprised how much bad language and filthy descriptions were in it. And sometimes Foggy had been mixed up with Blamire, I have the Foggy version of the book, but still sometimes it says Cyril.

I recall having the paper back. It had a photo of Compo, Cleggy and Cyril sat at the table in the cafe on the cover.

The language was free flowing shall we say, particularly from Norman :D

All the specials were brilliant and to pick one would be imposable . Wish there was some way of repeating the brilliant scripts and acting that was evident in all of them. ::)

For me it's All Mod Conned, the Loxley Lozenge and Getting Sam Home which I found particularly great because Cleggy was the secret leader in this, not Foggy. I also read the novel and was surprised how much bad language and filthy descriptions were in it. And sometimes Foggy had been mixed up with Blamire, I have the Foggy version of the book, but still sometimes it says Cyril.

The book was originally written with Blamire as the third member an then when reprinted Foggy was substituted for Cyril Blamire with a new photo on the front. The rest of the story is unchanged so there is no mention of a Coporal Signwriter - in fact Foggy may have been a Sargeant as Blamire was. At the time I am not sure if Foggy had been given a first name hence Roy Clarke may not have changed this. The same problem as in the pilot when Norah refers to Harold (can not be a son as she considers their lack of children in one of the two novels published as Summer wine Chrionicles when Seymour was the third man) rather than Wally.

You are right the language was more broad than ever broadcast - although the earlier series did tend to contain more bad language as well as smoking.

Back