Sid & Ivy

Re: Sid & Ivy

No I don't think it was ever mentioned, there was a couple of people that never seemed to get a surname.

Seems like the popular answer according to google searching is Cassidy.

Might be a popular answer but does not seem to be based on fact. Extensive research was done on "the other forum" a while back and no authentic answer could be found. Suggest the nearest Sid came to Cassidy was in "Forked Lightning" when he rode the bicycle mimicing the scene from "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" whilst singing "Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head".

Seems like the popular answer according to google searching is Cassidy.

Thanks Claye,there was a name I think above the Cafe door at one time

there was beale on the door in the early years but that was N.R. Beale and neither of them had a name beginning with N so i assume it was just for continuity from the real place to the studio set

and Nelly didn't have a surname. Or Stella

Ivy's surname before she married Sid was Bolton, I believe.

Is that based on something from FOTSW or LOTSW?

I am amused to note that Ivy Bolton is a character in "Lady Chatterley's Lover" and there is an author, Ivy Bolton.

Auntie Wainwright didn't have a first name either.

I don't know for sure and I could be totally wrong, but there is an episode where auntie is running that insurance business under the pseudonym 'Uncle Henry'. I wonder if this could be the male alternative to auntie's actual first name i.e Henrietta.

Hi Big Unc! Yes, that was based on FOTSW when Dilys and Ivy were
Tango-ing at the Co-op and Dilys says,"Ivy Bolton, I swear you've got Spanish
blood in ya!" Am I remembering right?

Hi Big Unc! Yes, that was based on FOTSW when Dilys and Ivy were
Tango-ing at the Co-op and Dilys says,"Ivy Bolton, I swear you've got Spanish
blood in ya!" Am I remembering right?

The scene certainly rings a bell with me. Many thanks for that.

Auntie Wainwright didn't have a first name either.

I don't know for sure and I could be totally wrong, but there is an episode where auntie is running that insurance business under the pseudonym 'Uncle Henry'. I wonder if this could be the male alternative to auntie's actual first name i.e Henrietta.

Yes, it was a loan company, that could be clue ! We'll never know now :).

I hate when someone says we'll never know. It makes it so offically final. We can always dream that it is not over.

I hate when someone says we'll never know. It makes it so offically final. We can always dream that it is not over.

Sorry Compo, didn't mean to finilise it :)

Also the vicars wife in Keeping Up. has never been named either!

It is a shame when a show lasts a few series not all characters have a name. They could have invented any name at all.

Back