Seymour

Maybe it's me but the Seymour Years seemed to be the most creative in terms of the different situations that the characters (especially Compo) were put in, y'know, because Seymour was more or less an inventor. While there were episodes with those creative instances before and especially after Seymour, the Seymour Years seemed to just let loose with the creativity of these situations. This was part of the reason why these episodes were popular with kids as well. I dunno about you but the Seymour Years have this different feel to them.

The fact that Michael Aldridge was upset to the point of tears when he knew he had to leave the show (I understand the reasons why he had to leave, don't get me wrong) lets you know how much he enjoyed being on Summer Wine. It's almost like when a child has to go in for some reason while the rest of their friends were still playing outside.

I must agree with all !! My favorite Seymour is "Codfanglers . . ."
But, in regard to Clegg's fear of women, they made a quick change there. In "Spring Fever" he takes on Nora Batty for a few moments . . and then to Blamire, "You forget I've had 30 yrs. experience."

Back