Sets for Clegg's house

joppyuk1

Dedicated Member
I've managed, over a number of episodes, to plot the layout of Clegg's lounge (his 'new' one, not the original) and wondered if there are any shots of his bedroom? I know he was stood in it during Father of the Bride, but wasn't this his old house? Strange request, but it's to do with a model railway idea.

He was in his new bedroom when he was doing his diary with "Do Not Disturb" on his door. (Afterthoughts of a Co-op Manager??) ???

Speaking of the old house, they managed to come up with almost the exact same decor that I grew up with, especially the drop leaf table with a plant on top. How funny.

Marina and Compo were in it A Leg Up For Christmas but not sure how much you see of it.

You see a bit of the bedroom of the 'new' house in It's Never Ten Years.

You see some of the upstairs landing in the 1995 Christmas Special, A Leg Up for Christmas.

You see the cellar in I think Defeat of the Stoneworm.

On.e anomaly I noticed with Cleggy's lounge is the stairs. At first glance the stairs appear to go straight up and if you look carefully the angle puts them going through the understairs cupboard (the door is taller than the height of the stairs and oblique camera shots show steps behind it. I think that the stairs should turn at right angles, like the ones in Howard's house.
Which leads me to wonder if the set designs are still filed away somewhere
Just a bit of pedantry showing.

Good looking out, Joppy. And what wall was it that Howard drilled through?

Speaking of the old house, they managed to come up with almost the exact same decor that I grew up with, especially the drop leaf table with a plant on top. How funny.

Simple - all houses in the 1950s and 1960s looked exactly the same - my parents, my aunt's, grandparents all the same, So why should Clegg be any different?

Back