Series 12, Episode 8; The Last Surviving Maurice Chevalier Impression

wstol

Dedicated Member
The one with Gorden Kaye. Gorden makes a good guest star here. We don't see him enough in anything now.

Maurice Chevalier would be mentioned a lot in future episodes, often done to death. But this is the best episode with the Maurice Chevalier theme.

I love this episode, especially when Compo sings to a photo of a frowning Nora Batty! This is probably in my top 15 favorite episodes.

I love this episode, especially when Compo sings to a photo of a frowning Nora Batty! This is probably in my top 15 favorite episodes.
The one with Gorden Kaye. Gorden makes a good guest star here. We don't see him enough in anything now.

Maurice Chevalier would be mentioned a lot in future episodes, often done to death. But this is the best episode with the Maurice Chevalier theme.

Agreed with both of you one of the strongest episodes from that series

a very good episode from the series, definately a stronger one of the series but then again a lot from this series was strong ones, although theres others that are favourites of mine i do like this episode, but for me theres better in this series in my opinion but with such a strong series theres going to be good ones that are overlooked by some of us

well theres Return of the Warrior, The Charity Balls, Walking Stiff Can Make You Famous, The Empire Foggy Nearly Built, Roll On and A Landlady for Smiler are better than this i think although this one is probably 6th in the list for this series

I wrote about this episode indirectly a few times, but I will repeat some of my earlier statements anyway.

First of all, from beginning to end, Series 12 might be my very favorite, if not, it is definitely in my top 5 of all series.

I wrote about this episode when I discussed warm, sentimental moments of the show. The Last Surviving Maurice Chevalier Impression is very unique in this way. There are two legendary characters, Compo and Nora. Over 90% of their interactions involved Nora being frustrated at him. However, here is an instance where Nora is so excited about Compo. She brags to the folks about to view his performance that she's his neighbor. Then when it starts, the camera zooms in on Nora's photo. That was an absolutely special moment.

well theres Return of the Warrior, The Charity Balls, Walking Stiff Can Make You Famous, The Empire Foggy Nearly Built, Roll On and A Landlady for Smiler are better than this i think although this one is probably 6th in the list for this series

Warrior and Empire are by far the best of this series all the rest were top episodes but these two and possibly Maurice are supierior. :)

Warrior and Empire are by far the best of this series all the rest were top episodes but these two and possibly Maurice are supierior. :)

i forgot the captain zero episode as well, thats a classic and near the top of this series as well, ive said before why charity balls is a favourite of mine and the others i do find very funny, but at the end of the day its a personal choice and were all entitled to that

i forgot the captain zero episode as well, thats a classic and near the top of this series as well, ive said before why charity balls is a favourite of mine and the others i do find very funny, but at the end of the day its a personal choice and were all entitled to that

I had forgotton Zero as well

All just proves my point. Series 12 was one of the absolute best!!!! I still don't think you can forget "Come In, Sun-Ray Major".

Back