RIP Norman Wisdom

Another sad loss to a great generation of actors that could make us laugh without having to do very much, I feel so lucky to meet him once while they were filming in Marsden, a non stop comic and a challange to any director I should think,RIP Sir Norman

I agree with George naturally funny. I remember going to the pictures and seeing his films as soon as they were out. Brilliant

Yes interestingly I found out the news on the BBC website and, as I might expect, no mention of his SW appearances in that report.

The bit in the telegraph article abotu Peter Sallis is, i recall, in Andrew Vine's book.

It is very sad that Norman Wisdom has passed away, even though I didn´t know him before LOTSW. I don´t think he is well-known here in Germany, but funnily enough he was in East Germany, the former German Democratic Republic (we have just celebrated our 20th anniversary of reunion with West Germany). My boyfriend is from there and he says he often watched films with him when he was a child.
I can see Peter telling him off, it´s just not his way to fool around all the time, lol!

Yes, it's a great shame but he had an incredible innings and a brilliant career.
When i go to the Isle of Man TT races, i always go pass his statue, there's one of George Formby there as well.
To be honest, i was never really a fan, he was a bit too slapstick for me really, i'm not all that comfortable with that style of comedy, same with Lee Evans.

RIP Sir Norman, sleep well.

G ; )

Back