RIP Hutch

Inky Batty

Dedicated Member
I'm a few days behind the news, as always, but only saw yesterday that David Soul has passed away and saw no thread about it.
I remember being farmed out to family as a little lad and spent most of my early memories with my Grandparents and as was the way in those days, there were 3 channels on the telly and BBC2 shutdown after an hour of Tarzan films.....and my old Nan used to love her Radio and TV Times books. She would sit there and draw a ring around everything she wanted to watch.
Starsky and Hutch was always a favourite, every Saturday night, after playing out in the day and watching the sport in the afternoon with Grandad, we would settle down for it and never missed it.
I had the Matchbox Starsky and Hutch car.
Plus his singing career, Don't Give Up On Us along with Glenn Campbell and Johnny Cash were songs I remember singing along to. My Aunt was a Dusty Springfield fan and my Uncle liked Marty Robbins.
It feels like another star from my childhood sky has dwindled and died.

it was a great show in its day!... although hasnt aged well... They worked so well together...

RIP

He was also on an episode of Inspector Lewis.

As a note, Paul Glasner who played Starsky was in the middle of a horrible tragedy in real life. That was when AIDS was first besetting this country, and nobody knew what it was. His wife and son sadly contracted this disease and did not survive.

Back