Recycled Storylines

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
Just seen a trailer for Open All Hours S3 Episode 3. ...................Duet for Solo Bicycle............Arkwright is worried about a persistent squeak on Granvilles bicycle.! :02:

Apparently Roy did not just recycle story ideas in series He recycled them between different series !:confused:

I agree Dick, in Open All Hours Arkwright sells various Customers items they did not want nor in some cases did they ever intend going in the shop but when they were coerced they were effectively hoodwinked into buying something they didn't want , step forward Auntie and Norman Clegg :)

I also agree, if your not careful it could all end up like soaps,with all the TV soaps running the same or very similar storylines a few months apart, I happened to see the first episode of Emmerdale, most of the time they sat in the pub talking deep Yorkshire, the highlight of the episode seemed to be a brief visit to a muddy farm, the last episode I saw over 4 years ago,nobody spoke Yorkshire, yet another murder which like all the others never gets solved and if you were not depressed before you watch it,you will be after watching for 5 minutes

As Maltrab said, they have handing out old scripts for decades in TV..
I don't know what its like in UK, but in AU the amount of US cop shows that are 100% the same with a so called NEW one seems to 'premier' each month is killing the few braincells I have left :(

But I guess the killer with modern tv is - the demand for dozens of channels, and 24/7 drivel which cant be pumped out fast enough...
"Reality" TV has taken over here in AU and people are brainwashed into not realising they are just popularity contests.. So called cooking shows, that are more about who is the biggest bit*h.. The old biddies here at work rambling on about did you see XYZ last night, oooooo shes a mean piece of work - This is on a cooking show...
Talent shows... Talent???? Shoot me now.

AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaRRRrrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Not even news reports seem to be live anymore..

Just seen a trailer for Open All Hours S3 Episode 3. ...................Duet for Solo Bicycle............Arkwright is worried about a persistent squeak on Granvilles bicycle.! :02:

Apparently Roy did not just recycle story ideas in series He recycled them between different series !:confused:
Well, Midsomer Murders really takes the cake. They not only recycled the story line (a couple of seasons apart), they used the same manor house; and included large birds, a person in chemical handcuffs, and an illegal side business. In the latter episode, they had a (ahem) rather steamy shower scene.

Nice little show started on BBC1 [and on Iplayer] today at 9.15 Murder, Mystery and My Family where two lawyers and the family re-examine the evidence used to convict someone and they present the case to a judge who decides if the judgement at the time was sound or otherwise. In addition to the examination the relatives obviously learn more about their ancestors and impart some of the history of what happened in their lives after the verdict was originally made.

I won't spoil today's but it was a father and his son who were keen to understand if their mother/grandmother was really guilty of killing their father/grandfather . Only 45 minute show so not really great depth but really fascinating from a historical and legal perspective . Certainly on the surface a different genre of programme for daytime from the normal cooking/holiday/diy/house sale type of show .

Well, Midsomer Murders really takes the cake. They not only recycled the story line (a couple of seasons apart), they used the same manor house; and included large birds, a person in chemical handcuffs, and an illegal side business. In the latter episode, they had a (ahem) rather steamy shower scene.
They also recycled the same actors playing different parts throughout the series.

I have never seen Midsummer Murders but in 2015 I went on a National Holidays Bus trip centred on the locations where they film it ,
. First place was Thame I didn't have a Scooby Doo about why we were there but some really helpful passengers gave me all the information which added to the enjoyment . I will eventually watch a couple to see if it is something that would interest me . Here are a couple of shots you may recognise.

IMG_0704.JPGIMG_0708.JPGIMG_0709.JPG

Back